If you could go back to age 25

since I am there, I would like to find a man that is employed or at the very least, wants to be, and not still living with his parents

I still find the men at rodeos and hunting camps more aligned with the men I respect ( my father and grandfather ) than I do at beauty salons.

At 25 I was three years into a state government career with a fairly bright outlook. Had been married for three years and had no kids.

What would I change?

1. Hunt more. At 25 I hadn't started hunting elk yet. About the only thing I did was go out to shoot a deer each year, but I wasn't really hunting.
2. Punch myself in the throat and try to convince myself to be better with money.
3. Punch myself in the throat for being so fat and do something about it sooner.
4. Get my knee checked out sooner.

But for the next 5 years, my advice would be to SAY YES. To what? Everything.
Best advice in the thread came in post #60.
While saving and investing at that age will certainly pay dividends later in life, and might actually allow an early retirement, you might also die young, get permanently injured, or have done other negative life changing event. Live while you're young. In the words of my grandmother, "there ain't no golden years, and no guarantees. Do everything you want while you're young enough to enjoy them."

. Live while you're young. In the words of my grandmother, "there ain't no golden years, and no guarantees. Do everything you want while you're young enough to enjoy them."
Amen and pass the ammunition--or peas !

I will stick with my first post on this thread (# 10 ) Randi: I am told finding a "Barber Shop" today is not as easy as it once was.

Tarheel : Those would be some nice vehicles to have in ones collection. We had an old MG I wish we had kept and we do still have my old Mustang. . Tarheel, do you remember the Austin Healey Sprite and those bug eyes (-:

Last edited:
At 25 I was right out of the Army and had an opportunity to buy a house for $12,000. I passed on it and the guy who bought it sold it a year and a half later for $30,000. Sometimes I kinda wish I had taken that opportunity to start buying and selling houses but at the time it seemed better to spend the money on a good truck, women and a lot of hunting and fishing. All and all though I've had a pretty easy life. Great wife, great kids and grand kids and plenty of hunting and fishing time. Never had any real problems in life until that last couple of years. The last couple of years I just chalk up to Karma catching up to me. So you never know, if I had done things differently things would have turned out different but maybe not for the better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back