Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

If you are a bigger retrad that this.........

Dink,
Thanks for taking the time to talk. I know you are a busy man. I lost the scrap I wrote down your address to send you the Cheyenne 4X scope that I am trading you for yours.

At least you got the pleasure of packing him out. :)

So, what did happen on the first shot?

I have now packed out 3, 6 pt bulls and a buck this year on the Bull Hearse and none of them have been mine:mad:

You should be careful, I've been close enough before to hear you miss with a bow.

I also have a Rem. 721 in 30-06 that was my grandfathers. It's fun to hunt with a rifle that has a history, and now it has a comical history to boot. Maybe you should have K.I.S.S engraved on the gun. Better luck next time.

Dink, is that a Rem 721?

I was going to mention the same thing. I have/have had a few 721/722's

I quite using the Butler Creek scope covers for two reasons: First, they don't prevent the rear lens from fogging up. Second, they got "pop" when you hit the button to open it up, and when you are up close to a deer that's not good.

The funniest part is that the blame goes on the scope caps. A perfect example of the 10% rule. Nice buck, good thing your buddy didnt have a wardrobe malfunction.

The funniest part is that the blame goes on the scope caps. A perfect example of the 10% rule. Nice buck, good thing your buddy didnt have a wardrobe malfunction.

Well………………….the scope eye piece was so loose when I hit the button on the scope cap with my dopey gloves on it might have turned as such…………maybe.

But……………..while I couldn’t have guarantee a dead deer without the scope caps, I could have guaranteed at least an empty magazine:D

It was the eyepiece that rotated, not the cap... Of course, I am a euro snob, so my scopes don't have a rotating eyepiece.

Back