MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho Ram Raffle permit

BuzzH

I heard they drew the Idaho Raffle permit for sheep today.

I didnt draw...but....

There I was driving down I-80. I get a phone call from my buddy Tom. I helped Tom a few years back with a sheep tag he drew in Montana up Petty Creek. Tom and I have been hunting together for 20 years...blacktails on Kodiak, deer/elk in Montana, Brown bear in Alaska, etc. So, he calls and says, "Buzz, are you sitting down?"...I said "yep". He says, "are you driving"....I said "yep"....Tom said, "You better pull over....I f#@king drew the statewide raffle sheep tag in Idaho!".

The lucky bastard drew...said he bought $100 worth of tickets.

Heres the ram Tom shot a fews year ago in Montana...thats the lucky SOB on the left there.

tomsram3.jpg

Pretty cool that I actually know and hunt with someone who pulled a tag like that. He says he's going to hunt unit 11. I'm sure he'll get a higher scoring ram in 11...his MT sheep gross scored 180 and net scored 179....11.5 years old and over 40 inches on both horns.

Very cool!

Shoot for 190" + in the Hells Canyon unit.

If he's hankering for the wilderness experience, I can help with specifics in 27-2.

Now that is a cool story. Something tells me Tom will get a whopper.

If I had a sheep tag, I would need someone to hold my bullets, 'cause I think excitement may get the best of me.

Good luck to Tom.

That's awesome. I can't wait to see the pics. Buzz I forgot to tell you to tell Tom, I'm still waiting for a kickback for not leaving him in the snow bank!

BRI,

Thats funny...he still re-tells me that story every time we hunt together..."if it werent for Brian, I dont know if I would have made it!"....

I tell you what, Tom had flat hit the wall that day.

I'll never forget that day...those 3 cows on the border in belly-deep snow...would have never thought that.

Awesome, lucky guy. If I was still living in Lewiston I'd for sure volunteer some help. Does he know the unit at all Buzz? I'll get a PM headed your way in the next day or so with some advice.

It's real good to see the hunt go to someone who appreciates it for what it is.

My hopes are that he does it DIY (nothing against guides), and drills a monster ram.

Very nice!!! I can't imagine how excited he his. Heck, I'm excited to be tagging along on a sheep hunt...

I heard they drew the Idaho Raffle permit for sheep today.

I didnt draw...but....

There I was driving down I-80. I get a phone call from my buddy Tom. I helped Tom a few years back with a sheep tag he drew in Montana up Petty Creek. Tom and I have been hunting together for 20 years...blacktails on Kodiak, deer/elk in Montana, Brown bear in Alaska, etc. So, he calls and says, "Buzz, are you sitting down?"...I said "yep". He says, "are you driving"....I said "yep"....Tom said, "You better pull over....I f#@king drew the statewide raffle sheep tag in Idaho!".

The lucky bastard drew...said he bought $100 worth of tickets.

Heres the ram Tom shot a fews year ago in Montana...thats the lucky SOB on the left there.

tomsram3.jpg

Pretty cool that I actually know and hunt with someone who pulled a tag like that. He says he's going to hunt unit 11. I'm sure he'll get a higher scoring ram in 11...his MT sheep gross scored 180 and net scored 179....11.5 years old and over 40 inches on both horns.

BuzzH

Send me a PM when you get a chance. I would like to talk to you about this tag.

Thanks,

3/4 Slam Ram

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back