Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Idaho guys smell a rat

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see how the Idaho guys are following the same path the AZ guys have when it comes to a raid on their tags and their wildlife. Three good threads were started here by Idaho guys putting everyone on notice.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=249574

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/forumdisplay.php?f=386

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=249877

I want to thank all of you who are working toward this. Both in AZ and ID. Apathy and passive acceptance is how things go awry with hunting and conservation. You guys are making a difference. Please know this site is an open platform for anyone wanting to inform hunters of important issues, such as the legislative attempts in those states.

Something interesting was posted today. I will try to explain why it is important.

If you are in TV, magazines, etc. and you have a big mouth about certain topics, you get your share of heat if you don't fall in line with everyone else. Speaking from personal experience here.

Many in TV and print are worried about their jobs, and with good reason. Fortunately for me, I own the show and the site, so the only person who can fire me is Mrs. Fin.

Many of these people trying to take your tags, mess with your wildlife opportunity, etc. depend upon the TV and print guys being quiet. If you doubt that, just think about when Jim Zumbo posted a very small blog about hunting and black guns. That is still fresh in the minds of anyone who might stir controversy, either intentional or accidental.

Corey Jacobsen posts here often. He is one of the owners of Extreme Elk Magazine. He owns Elk101.com. He is speaking out, regardless of the risks that come with taking this position.

It is very good to see an owner of a magazine, a person who posts here often, and the owner of a web-based hunting website, speak out in spite of pressure he might get for doing so. No surprise to me that a guy like Corey would be the one to speak up.

I know Corey, as do many here. He is a stand up guy. For him to put his name out there on behalf of Idaho wildlife and hunting opportunity, is admirable.

I suspect the sponsors of Corey's magazine will get some phone calls and emails about what Corey posted below. He is taking risk by doing this, but it reflects his beliefs.

Any of you who agree with Corey might want to think about thanking him by supporting a magazine guy willing to speak out on this topic. Maybe even subscribe to his magazine, or buy some of your gear from Elk101.com.

http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=406296&messages=1&forum=5

Thanks for the post, Corey.

Big Fin---As soon as I started reading your post I thought of the Jim Zumbo blog and what it cost him before I even got to your mentioning of him. I take my hat off to you, Corey, and anyone else in the limelight that speaks up for the common guy against all the political BS that is increasing in intensity the last year or two when it can cause serious repercussions to your careers!

Big Fin---As soon as I started reading your post I thought of the Jim Zumbo blog and what it cost him before I even got to your mentioning of him. I take my hat off to you, Corey, and anyone else in the limelight that speaks up for the common guy against all the political BS that is increasing in intensity the last year or two when it can cause serious repercussions to your careers!

Totally Agree. Well put.

Thanks for the continued support Randy and others! Fence sitting isn't in our blood, and being one of the regular guys, we are sickened by the sneaky attempts of outside groups who are trying to take privileges away from the core of the hunting community.

Many thanks,
Corey Jacobsen
Elk101.com - "Extreme Elk" Magazine

What did Jim Zumbo post? Sorry I'm a loser

About four or five years ago, Jim Zumbo posted a question on his blog about the use of black guns for hunting. Pretty harmless and mostly seeking to stir some discussion.

The next morning, he had been fired from his job as hunting editor at Outdoor Life. Snap, just like that, the powers of sponsorship had him removed, in spite of a 30 year history of being a great supporter of the 2nd Amendment, his hunting writings, and his repected position in the hunting world.

If a guy with his position, experience, and reputation could get fired overnight, it put everyone else on notice that they are even more disposable. Since then, you don't see too many folks taking controversial positions in the media.

The most shameful part of the whole Zumbo thing was when he had to go on Nugent's show after that and act like he cared about "Black Guns" Nugent talked down to him I thought, and in Uncle Ted's words used "Zumbo's ignorance" to educate others. Pretty Lame!

I support Jim Zumbo!

The Nuge can suck it, especially since he can't be bothered to read the regs.

I support Jim Zumbo!

The Nuge can suck it, especially since he can't be bothered to read the regs.

I do too Ben I just thought it was ridiculous to be "welcomed back" by Nugent. I like Teds passion but sometimes I think he may be a little over the top.........or alot:D

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back