Idaho Elk Supertag! Where do I start?

Elkaholic11

So after many years of applying for an elk supertag in Idaho I was lucky enough to draw this year. I am planning out the areas i'd like to scout/hunt but any additional info would be much appreciated.

Grats! I hope you share your scouting and hunting story's and pictures here for us all to read.

Congrats to you.

Still waiting for my call. I stuffed the ballot box on the antelope Super Tag, so I am standing by the phone.

I say look where the biggest bulls have been coming from in Idaho recently-it used to be down by Blaine county.
Determine when you want to hunt the area and plan around that hunt. I know of a couple places you might get onto a couple nice bulls. Does the supertag allow you to hunt in controlled hunts as well?

Congrats! Start looking at the most current record entries and work from there.

No clue on where to go, but my advice would be to make sure you enjoy the whole process. Take notes by chronicling every day, starting now. Take pictures starting now as well. Plan on writing it up for your kids or wife or just yourself next winter. Savor every moment and make sure that you have a fun hunt above all else. Dont let the pressure of shooting a big bull build to the point where your enjoyment diminishes. The fall will soon be here and gone, so make sure you have enough to treasure the hunt for years to come in terms of a momento from each hunt or just good notes and pictures.

It would be really cool if you brought us along on the ride! The best of luck to you and I hope that the entire hunt is fantastic and results in a nice bull on the ground.

Congrats on the tag! It is a mandatory tradition for super tag holders to keep a very updated and photo filled thread throughout the season in the Idaho section of the MM forum. No reason you can't do the same here :) Since 99% of us will never ever have that tag, please let us follow along throughout the Fall.

Yes I am from idaho. What size of bulls can I expect to see in island park much2hunt? Twsnow18 where do I find mm section of the idaho forum?

If you're in Nampa I'd wouldn't bother driving over to Island Park, you would be driving past bigger bulls that what you'd be traveling to. Congrats on the tag, pretty much my dream tag for this state.

If you are from Nampa I would focus your efforts within a 2.5-3 hour drive. Lots of options close by. I would love to hunt 40 with a rifle during the later part of the rut. Unit 41 has had some big bulls come out of there as well.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back