Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado elk gmu 33 winterkill.

castnblast75

Hello all. Planning a muzzleloader elk hunt in GMU 33 if I'm lucky enough to draw this Sept /24. Was wondering if there was a winterkill issue, as I know there was quite an issue in the NW area of the Meeker /Craig area. Thanks

Winter ain't over yet, but I'm pretty sure the majority of elk in 33 winter outside of the area hit hard last year., you should be fine

i'm party leader with 5 pts. 2 applicants. brother has 6 pts. I have applied for the qualifying license and have been approved. does he have to apply for the qualifying license before we apply for the party license. TY

Everyone has to buy a qualifying license to apply for the draw. Like said above your group will go in the draw with the lowest point holders point level.

i'm party leader with 5 pts. 2 applicants. brother has 6 pts. I have applied for the qualifying license and have been approved. does he have to apply for the qualifying license before we apply for the party license. TY
Yes he does. Your party app will go in with 5 points. With the point creep that units been seeing I'd say you have a 25% chance or less of drawing that hunt code. I applied with 6 and am unsure if that will be 100%.

There is no benefit to applying as a group, again, NO BENEFIT so get that foolish notion your of your heads. You each need to apply on your own.
I'm still not sure why the CPW even has that as an option on getting the tags.

Sure there is. If you are hell bent on not hunting alone and want to go with someone and you want to make sure that you both have a tag it's a benefit. If you are going into the draw not 100% sure you will draw, then I would definitely go as a group instead of individually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back