Idaho Bull Down!!!!

IdahoBugler

Just warming up the thread boys. It's been way to long for me not to be hunting. Since the NM hunt I've made it out a couple of day trips for Idaho lope (which sucked by the way) and that's it. It's time to bust out the elk elks and go into some of the nasty country. I'm leaving this afternoon and hunting through Tuesday.

I'm heading out to the land of rag horns to see if I can get one for the freezer. The first few days I'll be holding out for a 5+ point and then after that any branch bull is going down. I have to say I'm not as jacked for this elk hunt as I have been the last few elk hunts since 2007 had me in Wyoming and 2008 I was in Arizona. Nothing can compare to those two adventures. But hunting is hunting and I will be after them full tilt until Tuesday.

Wish me luck boys.... I don't have the technology that Fin has but I will try and text WileCoyote or Moosie to keep everyone updated.

P.S. One of the guys up at camp has a moose tag for the same area. So that should be a lot of fun if we can find him a good one.

Good luck IB. Its been a weird year here it seems, some days they are fired up and going crazy and the next it seems I can't find a track. Good luck to the buddy with the moose tag as well.

So, IB I'm glad to see you are a mortal man... There for awhile I thought you were a hunting god... it was a relief to see your local lope hunt went about like mine. I thought I was doing something wrong. Good luck with the wapiti... I know that you'll do well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back