Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Idaho Bighorn Sheep Lottert Tag

Wow, great news. Enjoy it for every day of planning, scouting, and hunting that the experience provides.

Pointer, I've thought about rafting the Salmon from Thomas Creek in the Frank Church to Lewiston. I could shoot any ram I saw. It would be a hell of a trip. However, the big ones are in Hells Canyon. I'll spend all of my time there looking for a monster.

I might save the idea as my back-up plan.

Roughly 3000:1 odds. I have a buddy in Lewiston scouting for me this weekend. I'm going up next weekend. I then have a two week business trip I can't miss. I'll scramble back into Idaho a day before the opener.

I kind of feel bad for your buddy out scouting in these temps, been over 100 in Lewiston for a week straight. I did read a report of a fire in the area that started last night, not too big yet and not in one of the great sheep areas, but they have a tendency to grow in that country.

Pointer, I've thought about rafting the Salmon from Thomas Creek in the Frank Church to Lewiston. I could shoot any ram I saw. It would be a hell of a trip. However, the big ones are in Hells Canyon. I'll spend all of my time there looking for a monster.

I might save the idea as my back-up plan.
I'd bet late in the season, a jet boat would be handy for Hell's Canyon as well. Consideing the sheep I've seen come out of there, that's where I'd be focusing my effort as well. Though I've never been there, it looks like helaciously cool country.

Congrats! This photo was taken on our Hells Canyon float trip last August.

Attachments

• sheep.jpg
    sheep.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 131
  • rene and the sheep.jpg
    rene and the sheep.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 132
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members