Idaho Antelope

IdahoBugler

We'll I finally drew a tag in Idaho after 16 years (this includes deer, elk and lope). It was suppose to be a great tag so I went in thinking so. In total I hunted 12 part/full days on this hunt. I hunted every square inch that I could possibly hunt. I think I have been spoiled hunting New Mexico and Wyoming but I just couldn't find the big boys. The best two bucks I found were pushing upper 70's.

Today was the last day and it just so happened to be our first weather for the month. It rained and rained and it made traveling the roads tough.
P1160579.jpg

I never found any of the larger bucks so with a couple hours left on my hunt I decided to make a stalk on one of the regulars. This pic was taken about 2 weeks earlier.
ICAM0163.jpg

I headed to a high ridge and found the buck with about 30 does. They ended up being out of range so I pretty much thought my hunt was over. It just so happened a coyote was heading my way so I let him get to 200 yards and put a bullet in him. I walked down the ridge to take a pic of him when suddenly I look up and the antelope herd is running my way. I crouch down and see two domestic dogs chasing them. They end up running by at 40 yards and I take this little guy. Not the big buck I wanted on the hunt but still fun to spend that much time on the hunt looking for the big one.
P1160564.jpg

P1160571.jpg

P1160576.jpg

A dead bull my son found on a earlier hunting trip.
P1160561.jpg

P1160563.jpg

congrats on both the critters IDB. the adventure is what makes the hunts fun. gotta love the little ones hair cut......:D

Nothing wrong with that buck. You put in your effort and had a great hunt. Great job!! That yote looks like he may have a tummy ache. :D

Even if he is not as big as you hoped, he's as good as you could find after a hard search and that is all that matters. You made the best of it. Way to go!

Congrats Bryce! you did well, n yes it is Idaho. Hard to hunt after the trips you have had in other states. Good job bro!

Cool looking lope. You need a bigger gun for that yote, you hardly put a dent in it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back