Idaho 2019 harvest figures for sheep, goat, moose up on their website.

Just so you know, I have a lifetime Idaho license I bought before moving to Montana. I am treated as a resident for draw purposes and the conspiracy theorist in me thinks they really like the non resident fees I bring to the table. ;) The draw odds were much better 20 years ago as well. Since then my hair has turned grey and my sheeps cape has almost turned white. Good luck if you do decide to try to beat the odds and put in for Idaho Bighorn. It was a great hunt looking back on it.
View attachment 131604
Wow still a beautiful ram. Is it sunlight that bleached it out like that?

Sheep or Goats? Don't have to decide yet. Fish and Game draw website up and going. Due April 30.

Last edited:
My friends know my story, I hunt hard, for the whole season and I pass up animals. Drew Moose in '89 and '95. Hunted with a bow and seen several nice bulls, no shots. Drew sheep in '91, '07, '17. In '91 drew hunt 20, was just after the big sheep dieoff and saw no rams. '07 in the Owyhee's. I saw two different awesome rams, no shots. '17 hunt 28-1 - smaller rams many times. Great stories. Still haven't punched a tag... Hope I have one more sheep hunt in me... Or, never have had a goat tag.

Been there. Apparently I was the only tagholder not to punch their Unit 8 Antlerless moose tag in 2016. I had one botched encounter and opportunities on several bulls. Had lots of bull encounters, but no tag for that. There is no antlerless moose hunt in the north now. I'm off the wait list this year and thinking hard about putting in for moose again.

I know they allow up to 10% of tags to go to nonresidents but when applying for a sheep tag is there any way to know what units will have a nonresident tag available?

I know they allow up to 10% of tags to go to nonresidents but when applying for a sheep tag is there any way to know what units will have a nonresident tag available?
No, NR can get up to 10% but that is not a grantee. If a unit has 10 tags once a NR pulls a tag all other NR are thrown out, but it could be that no NR are drawn

No, NR can get up to 10% but that is not a grantee. If a unit has 10 tags once a NR pulls a tag all other NR are thrown out, but it could be that no NR are drawn

It seems it jumps around some from year to year with sheep tags. Some times a hunt with three tags will give one to a nonresident and one with tags wont.

It seems it jumps around some from year to year with sheep tags. Some times a hunt with three tags will give one to a nonresident and one with tags wont.

There is no rhyme or reason as to which unit will produce a sheep tag. Just gotta apply for where you wanna hunt them and hope the tag God issues a tag for that unit and your lucky enough to get it. The 10% rule applies for tags for the whole state (example 50 tags Nr can draw up to 5 in the state as a whole). I just missed a goat tag there one year. Only 5 apps in my unit and they drew a tag there.

The NR sheep tags are not tied to any unit. NRs are drawn and given tags until the up to 10% number is met.

IDFG website isn't loading for me right now. Only a week left to get my moose app in. I'm getting nervous

Got in to the website and put in for my 2020 Moose. Now it's been giving me a twirling hexagon and the message "Processing Payment" for about 20 minutes. :oops:

We'll see if I paid twice. reloaded web page and re-did checkout. I'm in for Moose, Superhunt Moose, and Super hunt deer, and 7+ dollars of "convenience fee". Ahh Me!

I’m in for my goat tag.

I tease my hunting partner for wasting money in scratch-off tickets. Then turn around and put in for the same tag 9 years in a row. Finally drew a legit draw tag this year for spring bear, hoping I didn’t use ALL my draw tag luck in that.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back