Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

ID 2022 Tag Sale

This has to change sometime in the near future, right? I mean, what's the downside of moving it into the draw? It's already not an OTC opportunity. Why not just admit it and roll the whole thing for nonresidents into a controlled drawing?

Man with demand like that you would think hunting in idaho is incredible! Having hunted a significant number of units i know better...LMAO. good luck all!

That map is quite deceiving however.

I can personally attest to the fact that one of those above objective units has some extremely difficult elk to hunt. Part of it is the amount of hunters. Part of it is migration. Part of it is the terrain and habitat in which they live.
You basically described Idaho.

4:45 in line. I got the muley tag I wanted though (just barely). Luckily, the tag I wanted wasn’t in one of the highly desirable units. That was a very long line. It all worked out so I’m happy, but I feel like it could definitely be improved.

Last edited:
Last year was my first year applying. Think I was around 3,000 in queue. Didn't know how lucky I was. 17,000+ this year. Looks like WY or CO or NM for me next year. Or maybe just stay home and early muzz hunt in Iowa...

Interesting to see what NR deer tags went first. I'm guessing a lot are because they also got elk tags in same zones. I was 7000 in queue and still got my 3rd choice deer unit with lots left over. Some of the whitetail tags that went first were head scratchers.
The two elk B tags I was going for were both gone though :(

I am surprised there is still 800+ elk tags as of couple hours ago. I guess people finally wised up on some of the really low quality tags and sure some just gave up after wait. But if someone wanted to hunt elk they still can get a tag... i wasnt surprised at first deer tag gone, was a zoo in that place prior to 2020 now more managable.

With the demand as high as it is, clearly IDFG would be better serving the process by moving these non-resident tags to a draw....yes I said it :(
i agree. Make a nonresident general tag drawing. but do not require them to buy the nonrefundable license and only pay an application fee.

I am surprised there is still 800+ elk tags as of couple hours ago. I guess people finally wised up on some of the really low quality tags and sure some just gave up after wait. But if someone wanted to hunt elk they still can get a tag... i wasnt surprised at first deer tag gone, was a zoo in that place prior to 2020 now more managable.
21?

Dang, I went online and there was still a few deer tags for the area I had in mind. So, I bought one.

Glad I didn't spend most of yesterday waiting to get to the front of the line. I've never hunted there, only driven past and pondered the idea of a hunt, so I suspect I'm about to get a first-hand lesson as to why there were still some tags remaining.

Dang, I went online and there was still a few deer tags for the area I had in mind. So, I bought one.

Glad I didn't spend most of yesterday waiting to get to the front of the line. I've never hunted there, only driven past and pondered the idea of a hunt, so I suspect I'm about to get a first-hand lesson as to why there were still some tags remaining.
Goodness no place is safe even if it’s aweful. The area has been Newberged. A joke that is not funny one bit. 101 how to kill general hunts. I’ll see myself out.

i agree. Make a nonresident general tag drawing. but do not require them to buy the nonrefundable license and only pay an application fee.
A draw would be great if you wanted to introduce the joys and benefits of point creep to another state.
giphy.gif

Back