ID 2022 Tag Sale

The following items have sold out:

• Nonresident Elk PIONEER B
  • Nonresident Elk SMOKY-BENNETT B

The perceived desire/need this has created is nuts to me! It really wasn’t a huge change going to the cap on all zones but people sure went nuts on it
they sure did. it wasn't long ago that you could wait until June to buy your elk tag for a vast majority of these tags. I don't believe that the quota has changed a bunch since than either.

Update: 30 mins in and 1700 people have moved through the online system. Two elk and one deer units are sold out.

Wonder if it will say all the DAV tags are gone or if it’s just unit sold out they are gonna post.

Does anyone know with this system if you are able to select an Elk AND Deer tag or can you only pick one and then you have to move to the back of the line for the other species?

Sorry for all the questions from a first-timer at this...but once inside the system does it tell you how many tags are left? My hunting partner is 2000 numbers/places in front of me. If we don't both get the tag it's going to make us want to change our plans. So if he logs in and sees that there are only 2 or 3 tags left it's likely he wont purchase the tag. So do you get to see how many tags are left?

Sorry for all the questions from a first-timer at this...but once inside the system does it tell you how many tags are left? My hunting partner is 2000 numbers/places in front of me. If we don't both get the tag it's going to make us want to change our plans. So if he logs in and sees that there are only 2 or 3 tags left it's likely he wont purchase the tag. So do you get to see how many tags are left?
As I recall from last year, it only said "available" or "sold out". Someone who's already been in this year could confirm or correct.

I am pretty sure if you go in person you skip the wait, so in theory in-person buyers could buy out some of the tags with low caps if my understanding is right. With some of the ID license vendors outside of the state there must be some people skipping the line by going in person. Or driving an hour to a license vendor seems worth it compared to the wait list if someone wants a highly desirable tag. Obviously not going to work well other than in Idaho border areas.

I may have just blown up some hunter's tag strategies.

As I recall from last year, it only said "available" or "sold out". Someone who's already been in this year could confirm or correct.
Theres a # but wouldnt consider it legit, dont know how carts and fails to pay effect it, hopefully your trying for a easy zone...then pray

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back