ID 2022 Tag Sale

Did you get your tags? And did you happen to run into some guys from WA in 2019 in a parking lot?
It was my buddies that went (also from MI). I'll ask them if they met anyone from WA. And no, we didn't get our tags. Kicked out my buddy at number 5,xxx and then when my buddy who had number 7,8xx logged in they were sold out.

I'm in with a chance. Just hope the system doesn't crash or kick me out. Its a long wire to New Zealand!

Your number in line: 13956
Number of users in line ahead of you: 1923
Your estimated wait time is: 26 minutes

Hell, I'm retired with plenty of time on my hands this time of year and I still won't go through this Charlie Foxtrot. I'll take my chances in the limited entry if I'm unsuccessful in other states.

Good luck all.

I have buddies who have been passing on whats left, slim pickins! Sure pace will pick up as many people dont get the lolos and midlleforks etc and just logoff.

Funny story: I ran into a two non residents a couple years ago in the zone I mostly hunt, it’s not a great area and I basically only hunt it because it’s close to home. They had struggled finding elk until another local gave them a tip. Making small talk I asked why they settled on this area as they drove through many zones with higher elk pops and more public land to get here. They stated there were about 100,000 elk in the zone according to department literature. I corrected them that there are only a bit over 100,000 elk state wide and this zone maybe had 2,500 or so

Buddy just got to his number. It kicked him out and asked him to log back in again and put him at number 26,xxx. :mad::mad::mad:
This is nuts, but you hear about it often enough that I'd be videoing my computer screen just to have a fight with someone at the state level if need be.

Do you have to buy a "A" tag today to put in for the controlled hunt later? Or can you skip it and go right to controlled only?

Do you have to buy a "A" tag today to put in for the controlled hunt later? Or can you skip it and go right to controlled only?

No need to buy today to apply for controlled hunts. If you buy today and draw next June you can exchange the tag. If you wait and don't draw a controlled hunt there might not be many tags left. I think there were still 600+ tags in less desirable elk zones available into November this year even with last years fire sale.

15121... waited till 2pm... my turn next... logged me out!!! My heart nearly exploded and then it randomly logged me back in.

Ended up getting my deer tag. Thank GOODNESS!

No elk tags in any decent unit.

What a horrible experience…

My take away from today for next year: if my number is under 8k, I have a reasonable shot at the zone I like to hunt and will stick it out. If it’s more than that, I will go about my day. Seemed like a lot of good elk tags sold out between 6-8k.

Last edited:
Reading through the posts, it sounds like I got very lucky. #577 in line. I was finished by 9:09 (pacific time). The deer and elk tags for my unit were over 1/2 gone by the time I was able to check out with mine. This is crazy, definitely should just roll it into the draw system and make it fair for everyone. I got my elk tag last year too, should’ve been someone else’s turn this year…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back