ID 2022 Tag Sale

I think a decent number of folks are intent on only a specific zone and will get out of line if it sells out. And quite a few who want to hunt with a buddy (and both have tags) will balk for your exact situation. Penalty for refunds is steep!
Tbh, 2000 doesn't seem like a lot. I would push my luck if I were you.

1 Hour Update: 4,000 have moved through the line. 3 Elk units, 2 Deer units soldout.

I think a decent number of folks are intent on only a specific zone and will get out of line if it sells out. And quite a few who want to hunt with a buddy (and both have tags) will balk for your exact situation. Penalty for refunds is steep!
Tbh, 2000 doesn't seem like a lot. I would push my luck if I were you.
Thanks for the advice! Still 7,800 in front of me. They might get their elk tags and I'll pickup a pronghorn or deer tag close by.

it's definitely the strangest "draw" in the west right now but at least you get to know if you got a tag by the end of the day so you can make other plans... I got lucky with 1,434 and pretty much had my pick... on a side note, at least the elk tags arent going nearly as fast as I would think with that many people in line?

Got my deer tag. My son was right behind me in line and got kicked out right when number came up. What a bullshit system. Waste someone’s whole morning then screw them.

There are going to be some sorely disappointed hunters when they realize the demand of these tags doesn’t directly reflect the quality. 😂
This is what is funny about so many hunts out west. So many are complete garbage and a total waste of time, vacation, and money. Yet when a few influencers tell them how cool something is and how they "need" to be doing it....they put on their sub alpine, log in and apply. Or in this case, get in virtual line :cool:.

This is what is funny about so many hunts out west. So many are complete garbage and a total waste of time, vacation, and money. Yet when a few influencers tell them how cool something is and how they "need" to be doing it....they put on their sub alpine, log in and apply. Or in this case, get in virtual line :cool:.
1638386743451.png

U telling me there's no elk in them spots where they say they are over objective ;)

View attachment 203776

U telling me there's no elk in them spots where they say they are over objective ;)
That map is quite deceiving however.

I can personally attest to the fact that one of those above objective units has some extremely difficult elk to hunt. Part of it is the amount of hunters. Part of it is migration. Part of it is the terrain and habitat in which they live.

That map is quite deceiving however.

I can personally attest to the fact that one of those above objective units has some extremely difficult elk to hunt...[snip]... Part of it is the terrain and habitat in which they live.
So you're saying I need to strap on my Sub Alpine in order to hunt it 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 203776

I can think of one that’s listed at objective where the objective is so low it basically doesn’t matter(especially since it has no adult bull objective and one of the units in the zone is basically devoid of elk) and a couple listed above that maybe one unit in the zone is doing good where other units are somewhere between bad and terrible

Back