PEAX Equipment

ID 2022 Tag Sale

406LIFE

Here's hoping tomorrow morning goes better than last year...anyone got the over/under on landing below #10000 in the queue?

Last year took 7 trys and more than 2 hours to finally checkout, hopefully lessons learned and system improvements

This is too funny. No Idaho tag for me. I've got too much work to do to stand in a line with 14,000 people ahead of me and knowing most the tags will be gone by the time I get to the front of the line this evening.

Guess I'll just do controlled hunt apps and keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck to all of you further to the front of the line.

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 10.01.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-01 at 10.01.19 AM.png

I'm wondering why the FCFS approach to this mess given the incredible number of people burning up their bandwidth. Why not just do another draw so we can just apply and not loose a morning waiting on the computer...

So if everyone gets 20 minutes to checkout, does that mean that the people who "miss" their window will hold up the queue for everyone behind them for 20 minutes? I'm number 11,888. If 5% of the people miss their window and just sit idly that's 198 hours of waiting until I get my chance... This is my first time applying in ID (I know its a new system) but I'm seriously asking if this is for real?

Welp... 15,121 in the queue! Dang it! Last year was 9k or whatever... was hoping for a lower number this year.

So if everyone gets 20 minutes to checkout, does that mean that the people who "miss" their window will hold up the queue for everyone behind them for 20 minutes? I'm number 11,888. If 5% of the people miss their window and just sit idly that's 198 hours of waiting until I get my chance... This is my first time applying in ID (I know its a new system) but I'm seriously asking if this is for real?
No. It won't take 20 mins for everyone to checkout, that's just how long you have to find your credit card and click "buy".

I'm wondering why the FCFS approach to this mess given the incredible number of people burning up their bandwidth. Why not just do another draw so we can just apply and not loose a morning waiting on the computer...
Seems like it basically is a draw, but you must be present to win. You “draw” a crappy number in line, you don’t get your tag. Isn’t that about the nuts and bolts of it?

No. It won't take 20 mins for everyone to checkout, that's just how long you have to find your credit card and click "buy".
Right but if someone got distracted, left, or missed their spot and still had the window open in their browser, would it just sit idly on them for 20 minutes until they timed out?

With the demand as high as it is, clearly IDFG would be better serving the process by moving these non-resident tags to a draw....yes I said it :(

Back