I Once Lived In A Free Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

You don't have to tell me about people being hungry and needing food. See it every single day, LONG before Covid 19. All you who suddenly give a rats behind about the poor and hungry, I hope you remember them when this is done and are not using their situation to prove a point.

With that said, I'm out. My bold prediction is that this thread will be locked

As hunters we so often talk about species as a whole, rather than the individual. With the current situation, we are acting in the same manner with humans as a species, not individuals. You are going to have to make some individual sacrifices for a brief timeframe. All the people running around using this as the latest "the government is gonna take over" have just been looking for excuses to do that through time.

In Wisconsin we shut down a handful of state parks. You wouldn't believe all the folks with their pocketbook constitutions complaining about this on social media. Where were you guys when our state sold public lands, stripped funding from state parks, tried to commercialize them, etc?

I honestly think some folks get off on stuff like this, thinking you are some patriot fighting against the tyrannical government. While you are playing make believe, actual people are dying. I hope no one on here is impacted...….

I'd argue just the opposite. We are bankrupting 330 million people.

And pretty much EVERYONE here is impacted by that.

Some act like it's 2 choices. A good one vs a bad one.

It's actually a bad one vs a bad one.

We can lock it up until there is a cure(keep in mind Fauci rose to fame in the AIDS epidemic in the 80's, and there still is no cure to that virus). 12 months? 18? Never?

Or you do the best you can and move forward.

But seeing as how the store shelves are stocked, water is still flowing, electricity is still on, gas is still heating, the military is still active, toilets are flushing, crops are being planted, cows milked, etc, etc, etc,

we've made that choice for millions of folks.

Last edited:
We've allowed a flu virus that will end up killing 30,000 to 40,000 Americans to cost us around $5 trillion, possibly more. In the very recent past we have had flu kill 20,000 to 60,000 and no one said a word. Heck opoids kill 60,000 a year and no one cares. So just curious when the next flu comes along and kills 50,000 Americans, do we write a check for another $6 trillion and tell everyone to stay home again?

And yet again we’ll ignore the science of how this is different from the flu, and ignore the elephant in the room, that “only” 30,000 to 40,000 may die precisely because we took the steps we did.

That $5 trillion would have cost how many lives had we done nothing? Certainly more, how many more we’ll never know. Interesting how we claim to be a nation that values the sanctity of life, and it should be protected at all cost, until it means I’m losing money or I can’t go hunting. How quickly the tune changes.

We've allowed a flu virus that will end up killing 30,000 to 40,000 Americans to cost us around $5 trillion, possibly more. In the very recent past we have had flu kill 20,000 to 60,000 and no one said a word. Heck opoids kill 60,000 a year and no one cares. So just curious when the next flu comes along and kills 50,000 Americans, do we write a check for another $6 trillion and tell everyone to stay home again?
I believe we now have an answer to this, it is YES.

Dont you worry the gov't is doing just fine... teachers not working with pay of course, essentials on duty not doing anything putting in some long hours for time/half.

About 7-8 days ago this crossed over from being a biological problem in search of a political solution to a political policy in search of a biological reason.

Buzzard has his business model, close the season keep the tag $ WORKS GREAT!

I believe we now have an answer to this, it is YES.

Dont you worry the gov't is doing just fine... teachers not working with pay of course, essentials on duty not doing anything putting in some long hours for time/half.

About 7-8 days ago this crossed over from being a biological problem in search of a political solution to a political policy in search of a biological reason.

Buzzard has his business model, close the season keep the tag $ WORKS GREAT!

Bold part is false

I'd argue just the opposite. We are bankrupting 330 million people.

And pretty much EVERYONE here is impacted by that.

Some act like it's 2 choices. A good one vs a bad one.

It's actually a bad one vs a bad one.

We can lock it up until there is a cure(keep in mind Fauci rose to fame in the AIDS epidemic in the 80's, and there still is no cure to that virus). 12 months? 18? Never?

Or you do the best you can and move forward.

You have a microbio background right? You should know how absurd it is to compare HIV to a coronavirus then.

Things aren't binary. Every person in America isnt being bankrupted. There's probably a little more nuance to this situation don't you think?

Bold part is false
Not in my state shut her down with pay put in communal day care with meals, (that makes perfect sense) of course we have mandated closure of church and gun stores and mandatory opening of recycle centers and reefer sores... guess which color state we may be based on that.

And yet again we’ll ignore the science of how this is different from the flu, and ignore the elephant in the room, that “only” 30,000 to 40,000 may die precisely because we took the steps we did.

That $5 trillion would have cost how many lives had we done nothing? Certainly more, how many more we’ll never know. Interesting how we claim to be a nation that values the sanctity of life, and it should be protected at all cost, until it means I’m losing money or I can’t go hunting. How quickly the tune changes.

^best post in the thread^...and a lot more to read between the lines.

You have a microbio background right? You should know how absurd it is to compare HIV to a coronavirus then.

Things aren't binary. Every person in America isnt being bankrupted. There's probably a little more nuance to this situation don't you think?

I agree. There should be a little more nuance.

I wasn't comparing the viruses. I was pointing out the "we will have a cure in 12-18 months" is no guarantee.

And you folks in favor of opening everything back up have never gave it a thought to what a tripling, quadrupling or more of the sickness and death would do to the economy? Good gawd, get real. An economy won't flourish if this crap gets out of hand to where everybody is afraid to leave their bedroom and millions are dying. The U.S. only has a small portion of the World's 7.5 billion population... but we now OWN 1/3 of all the Covid 19 sickness cases and nearly 1/4 of the deaths... and we are gaining. Not a record to be proud of. Why are we in this position? Democracy. Politicians afraid to make the wrong move and cost people and business money. Money drove us here. Guess what? All the money in the world won't mean a thing to you while you are sucking on a plastic tube in a hospital bed wishing you could hold your loved ones just one more time before you check out.

The media narrative on this virus has been established. Moving forward, anyone citing facts, science, or data that does not meet the media’s current narrative will be branded accordingly. As such there will be no interest in reality or solutions, only stirring emotions. I am starting to wonder who the real tinfoil hat guys are.

Here’s a nice one:
73C92F2F-BC54-4937-91DE-8888D3C58173.jpeg

Since money isn't important to you or Buzz,

Feel free to post your account # and PIN #

The companies making all the PPE care about money. The hospitals saving folks care about money. The Dr and nurses there care about money.

This is a silly concept.

And you folks in favor of opening everything back up have never gave it a thought to what a tripling, quadrupling or more of the sickness and death would do to the economy? Good gawd, get real. An economy won't flourish if this crap gets out of hand to where everybody is afraid to leave their bedroom and millions are dying. The U.S. only has a small portion of the World's 7.5 billion population... but we now OWN 1/3 of all the Covid 19 sickness cases and nearly 1/4 of the deaths... and we are gaining. Not a record to be proud of. Why are we in this position? Democracy. Politicians afraid to make the wrong move and cost people and business money. Money drove us here. Guess what? All the money in the world won't mean a thing to you while you are sucking on a plastic tube in a hospital bed wishing you could hold your loved ones just one more time before you check out.
So you believe China’s stats are correct?

Or until children are no longer educated or citizens are in food lines miles long.
The under 50 crowd will weather this virus fairly well. Let them work and be free.

Wow.😵😳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back