Yeti GOBOX Collection

I Once Lived In A Free Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was 17 or so I was under some bleachers at a rodeo drinking beer. A large female police officer tried to apprehend me, and the subsequent chase may have looked a lot like this in terms of speed ratios.

I’m old enough to remember the Patriot Act. If you wanna lament a country that used to be free, looking prior to that would make even more sense.

I saw this graphic this morning. Pretty crazy given dang near the whole country has been shut in. The decisions to open chunks of the country back up are going to be difficult, and I sincerely mean that. If we are interested in a net-reduction of American suffering, the economic consequences of sheltering in place are a legitimate consideration too. I just don’t know if we’re there yet.

Check it out.

Say hello to the world's new superpower.

The previous one is busy shooting itself in the head

Not everyone agrees that Sweden has the right approach.

Say hello to the world's new superpower.

The previous one is busy shooting itself in the head

I would have to question your "superpower" reference.

Wouldn't you think a country that considers itself number 1 in everything, would have been better prepared to deal with a virus?

Wouldn't its businesses, big and small, be better prepared to handle a few week shutdown?

Wouldn't its economy be able to absorb a few week shutdown?

Maybe we need to rethink what it really means to be a "superpower" and if we really are one.

Create a sense of panic in the population via media and watch how fast that population gives up their freedoms. They actually ask that you take them away. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself.

Define freedom...you've never been free, and have been told exactly what you're going to do your whole life. You've even been assigned/reduced to a number...

Get over it...because you're going to die the same way.

I would have to question your "superpower" reference.

Wouldn't you think a country that considers itself number 1 in everything, would have been better prepared to deal with a virus?

Wouldn't its businesses, big and small, be better prepared to handle a few week shutdown?

Wouldn't its economy be able to absorb a few week shutdown?

Maybe we need to rethink what it really means to be a "superpower" and if we really are one.

Have you ever run a business?

Feel free to expand on how you run a business with no income. Building was free? Lights? Gas? Insurance? Products? employees? Taxes?

I worked in a Kroger warehouse.

Ain't 2 weeks of food in one of those.

Probably the same as Wal-Mart, Costco, Associated.

Less than 5% of coronavirus patients under 50 have been hospitalized. Time to open the country back up. If you’re at risk, stay hunkered down.

I worked in Kroger warehouse after the last recession.

The orderfillers are ALL young dudes. I was the grandpa at 36.
Im Sure it's similar at Wal-Mart, Costco, Associated, Amazon.

Not sure why dudes climbing over each other in warehouses all day is any less safe than some dude sitting in his cubicle.

Or, a florist at her floral shop.

Feel free to expand on how you run a business with no income. Building was free? Lights? Gas? Insurance? Products? employees? Taxes?

I worked in a Kroger warehouse.

Ain't 2 weeks of food in one of those.

Probably the same as Wal-Mart, Costco, Associated.

The same exact way that the very same business owners, that are crying the blues over less than a month shutdown tell YOU, and every other household that has bills...you have a contingency plan and savings if you're out of work.

Good advice, maybe they should practice what they preach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back