I Once Lived In A Free Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite the difference of opinions on here and in the media.

While many on here seem to be the types that formulate an opinion then their opinion is set in stone, my opinion keeps evolving, often back and forth.

I think there are some freedoms currently suspended that aren't doing much to keep us safe, just as are there some practices still being allowed that don't make sense to me as they clearly increase our exposure.

There is also the negative health effects of increased poverty and inactivity that will accompany this level of restriction that many of us are seeing. Will it result in immediate deaths? No. But there are health impacts that we will collectively pay over time.

Then there is also the limit of social acceptance. Like everything else in life that will be unique for each person. Why some posters understand that difference when it comes to all other walks of life then refuse to acknowledge that for this current pandemic driven closure, i do not know.

I'd venture to say, when this is over there will, in fact, not be any clarity regarding what worked and what didn't, there will be sufficient statistics to "prove" anything you want.

Last edited:
I wish I was free to not treat the dumb asses that think this is the flu.

You are. You may quit at any time. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I'm assuming you do your job

1. because you care

2. Because it pays

Otherwise you would be a fool, right?

Completely aside yet 100% related to.....
This forum once had a lot of discussion about public land hunting issues.
A lot of serious public land advocates used to bring up, discuss, and advocate for these issues.
Invariably, the tin hat gallery would show up and railroad things.
Interesting how many of those same personality types have gleefully jumped on this band wagon.
One dumb shits OPINION.
As opinion seriously trumps:ROFLMAO: absolutely any other thing on this place anymore.
Cool.

I'm out.

This evil money gruber who cares only about cash, has customers. They also have $$. Because contrary to popular belief, my taxes are still due, i have an electric bill, the heat ran last night, 2 of my 3 kids needed braces, and, I don't eat grass, so someone has to pay for food.

Here is the type of company that I admire when things get ugly, and why I'm going to buy another tent from them that I don't need when things settle down:

Due to COVID 19, Davis Tent has made some changes in our day to day operations. We are working with a Denver City Council Member to make masks with filters in them for day care providers, grocery store workers, bus drivers and even hospitals. We are also making decontamination tents and cots for Covid-19 emergency relief efforts throughout the United States. Since we have temporarily focused our efforts on the emergency at hand, regular tent production times will be somewhat longer. We thank you for your understanding at this difficult time. If you need a tent for hunting/glamping this summer/fall we recommend ordering as soon as possible so that your tent gets into our production line.

I'm also more than certain that Davis Tents isn't looking to profiteer from doing what they are or because doing this is better for their bottom line.

Completely aside yet 100% related to.....
This forum once had a lot of discussion about public land hunting issues.
A lot of serious public land advocates used to bring up, discuss, and advocate for these issues.
Invariably, the tin hat gallery would show up and railroad things.
Interesting how many of those same personality types have gleefully jumped on this band wagon.
One dumb shits OPINION.
As opinion seriously trumps:ROFLMAO: absolutely any other thing on this place anymore.
Cool.

Public land is closed.

All the more justification that they shouldnt be walking around spreading it needlessly
I understand your frustration. But the public has become aware of distancing, etc. And we’ve also seen that the under 50 set is at very little risk. Let them get it and get immune. They can also run the nation.

You are. You may quit at any time. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I'm assuming you do your job

1. because you care

2. Because it pays

Otherwise you would be a fool, right?

I would make more money at home in my office. In fact this will be my best year financially to date. Dont assume everyone is a greedy bastard.

Bold part is false
On paper and in PA law this is indeed false, however there is more to the story. Depends on the school district, some are able to do required instruction other districts are doing only enrichment and review. I am a shop teacher in a district that is only able to offer enrichment and review. I send 149 emails every 2 days to students with enrichment and review activities for them. Average has been around 15-16 responses, I anticipate that going down further with last week’s announcement by our governor that schools physical locations will remain closed. Speaking with other teachers from other districts in our area this is typical of their experiences as well. So in reality, even though many are trying, We are being paid for doing basically nothing at this point, as are many others. As always there are exceptions to this.

I wonder how long that will continue for not only teachers but others on the government pay roll too. I for one want to feel like those who pay my salary are getting their monies worth, right now they are getting hosed.

I would also like to extend a HUGE and sincere thank you to those essential folks who are making a sacrifice to keep us government employees and desk jockeys well paid at this time.

Rant over, I am going fishing.

I understand your frustration. But the public has become aware of distancing, etc. And we’ve also seen that the under 50 set is at very little risk. Let them get it and get immune. They can also run the nation.

I have a 46 year old paramedic that is intensive care right now because he showed up and did his job. go to his room and explain to him how little risk he was in.

I have a 46 year old paramedic that is intensive care right now because he showed up and did his job. go to his room and explain to him how little risk he was in.
Not trying to be a jerk but that's like comparing a cop to an average citizen...there are different risks involved with everything.

I just look at the numbers and see very few hospitalized that are under 50. Is that what you are seeing?

Does a cop take active shooter home to their families?
Nope but he knows his risk of not going home at all when he goes to work every day was my point ...which is astronomically higher than everyone else that is not a cop. I appreciate what you're doing. stay as safe as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back