I need tires, what's the recommendation?

I just bought a set of Falkens for my 3/4 ton. Had a set of falkens 6 years ago on another truck and really liked them. When I bought my duramax, the price of falkens had shot up quite a bit. So I went with the Nitto ridge grapplers and then the next set was the Cooper AT3’s. The Nittos were horrible in wet conditions and wore out quite fast. Could never get the coopers to balance right. Had those things on a tire machine trying to get them right. Finally gave up on them. Know two other guys that had bad luck with the coopers and balancing issues.
KO2’s are a really good tire in wet conditions, snow, mud and just cruising daily on the black top

I put the Wildpeak AT3W on my wife's Bronco Sport, they ride smooth and quiet and are not much heavier than the stock tires. I have the KO2's on my truck and they're great tires as well. The Falken just weren't quite as aggressive, heavy, or loud so did what she wanted a little better.

They test well, too... https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=293

Those are great tires! They look good too. They are really grippy! I climb trees all the time with them in my Tacoma😂😁😂‼️

I just about bought some Falkens a few years back until I found an online ratings page where people rate their tires. Falken's were dead last so that scared me off.

I have owned 2 sets of Generals. Never again.

I have owned 2 sets of KO2s. This will be my next set.

I have Goodyear Wrangler Territorys now as they came with the truck. They are okay. Maybe even a shade better than okay. But not KO2s. Not even close.

As a natural resource manager, I drive about 16K miles per year on my work truck driving about 50/50 between pavement and dirt. I started off with a set of Mastercraft CXT and they performed well. I really liked my last set of General Grabber AXT's. I changed them out at 45K miles and they performed very well. This go around, I'm trying the Falken Wildpeak AT3's. I only have a couple thousand miles so far but they seem good. One thing I noticed right away is about 1.5 mph difference worse in gas mileage from the General Grabber AXT. That was mildly surprising.

I keep buying duratracs. Have never let me down, and have never even gotten a flat or in any way stuck on multiple cross country trips to Idaho, CO and WY. Hundreds of miles of backcountry FS and BLM roads, including trails I had no business trying. no problems at all. As said, they do get a little slick on wet pavement, and once about 50% worn, hum on the highway. Rotate em every 5000 or so to avoid any uneven wear.

I’ve got roughly 65,000 miles on a set of KO2s on my 4Runner. I just got back from a western hunting trip. I drove from Kansas City to Memphis in the rain with no wet weather handling issues. I’ve kicked around the idea of get alittle bit lighter weight tire, but I’m finding it hard to deviate from the KO2s that I’ve had such great luck with throughout the decades.

I was told the tires on the loader are $8000 a PIECE.🫣🥺

Haven’t bothered confirming that though.

Anyone with a Massey Ferguson 1526 or 1825 know what tires would cost for one of those?

Tire opinions are wide and wild on the internet, but I would like to hear what others have to say. I currently have my second set of BFGoodrich All Terrain, TA/KO2s. I like them just find and have had them on other trucks as well. But damn, they are expensive these days.

Much cheaper (close to $400/4), are Firestone Destination T/A2 and Cooper Discoverer AT3/4S (who makes up all these gibberish model labels?)

My truck sees lots of gravel, lots of snow (much more soon), not too much mud, and occasionally tows heavy loads short distances (hay), and covers lots of highway miles. I guess I should add that it may be hauling heavy loads (tractors and more) long distance if we get a house bought...

I suppose there is good reason and not just company profits to justify the KO2s, but what's the group think on this?
My vote would be the BF Goodrich KO2s, might be pricey but the hold up very well in my uses

Just put a set of Falken Wildpeak LR E on my F 150. Had them on both of my prior Dodge diesels and liked them. I live on gravel roads and I HATE flats. Did lose about 1mpg though.

Just mounted second set of Nexen AT Pro8 on my 2000 Pathfinder. These are load range “E” 265/75R16 tires. Yes, the front tires do rub. But the handling, tire wear, on road/off-road capabilities are great. My Pathfinder has 180,000+ miles on it and I’m keeping it! MTG

I saw a set of Nokian Outpost tires today. Good looking tire. 3PMSF rated, road hazard replacement, and they are lighter than most. Tread seems similar to the Les Schwab Open Range tires.

Curious how the sidewall strength is with the aramid. These are a strong contender for this fall.

I saw a set of Nokian Outpost tires today. Good looking tire. 3PMSF rated, road hazard replacement, and they are lighter than most. Tread seems similar to the Les Schwab Open Range tires.

Curious how the sidewall strength is with the aramid. These are a strong contender for this fall.

Interesting tire. For a car/light suv winter tire the Nokian Hakkapaelita is truly amazing, destroys the Blizzak. Their past AT’s haven’t really caught my eye but this update looks interesting.

Last edited:
Back