I need some advice

stilllearning

This statement was posted on my Christian hunter web site.

"I believe that if you hunt on a regular basis that eventually you become immune to death, and the next step is the freedom to kill others."

I responded this way:

"If you believe that my advise to you is to stay away from hunting.

I don't believe that becuse my Dad for instance has hunted for almost 60 years. He has come to the point that he can acept death of an animal so that he can eat but now he doesn't even pull the gun up to his shoulder because he just enjoys getting out into Gods Creation so much that he doesn't want to kill the animal anymore.
He has lost the instict to kill the animal and I can garantee you that he has no istincts to kill others. Hunting has brought him to respect life beyond what you and I can ever expect to.

What do you think of the folks that work in Slaughter houses are like after killing thousands of animals each year so we can have meat? Should we avoid those workers like the plage because they have become immune to death?

Not trying to sound passive on this question but just trying to get you to think a little. This question seams to me has come from some else and has been placed in your mind at a young age. "

Did I over react and how would you have responde that may have been a better way to respond?

Stilllearning,
There is a fair amount of evidence that children who are raised to hunt are much less likely to be involved in violent crime.
Further more, demographic studies of where populations have the highest number of hunters (per capita), and where populations have the highest number of violent criminals (again per capita) show the areas to be nearly opposite. Not exactly, but enough to prove a point.
Go back and politely tell that poster that they are wrong .

Go back and politely tell that poster that they are wrong. [quote A-con]

I think Moosie's reply was more articulate.:D :D :p

if you are "immune to death", shouldn't you live forever?
I probably kill tens of thousands of bacteria a day without so much as a thought-humankind BEWARE!!!!

crap begets crap--quote me on that.

if you are "immune to death", shouldn't you live forever?
I probably kill tens of thousands of bacteria a day without so much as a thought-humankind BEWARE!!!!

crap begets crap--quote me on that.

"the nikster begats crap":D j/k nick...stilllearning, this critic wasn't Tom Cruise by any chance?

This statement was posted on my Christian hunter web site.

"I believe that if you hunt on a regular basis that eventually you become immune to death, and the next step is the freedom to kill others."

Did I over react and how would you have responde that may have been a better way to respond?

stilllearning, because you're...ahem...still learning allow me to offer some advice. You didn't overreact. You attempted to answer what appeared to be a sincere question/opinion with a sincere answer because your folks raised you right. I am of the opinion that the question was a clumsily veiled attempt to bait someone into an anti hunting/anti gun debate, or evidence of chronic cluelessness. Either way it qualifies as a "Dumb-ass Question"

In general, always answer a dumb-ass question with a smart-ass answer. This allows you to remind someone of just what a dumbass they are without resorting to saying the words. Why? To paraphrase P.T. Barnum's famous quote about fleecing suckers...Never give a dumbass an even break.

Whenever someone starts out something stupid, inane, or pointless with "I think..." or "I believe..." Your standard smart-ass reponse starts with "That's because you're a...." (or you...)
Whatever you choose to follow up with has to be 1) insulting, 2) definite (not opened ended) and, 3) entertaining to any witnesses. (Moosie led off with some great smart-ass answer material)

Of course how antagonistic you want to be is up to you but generally your first response is roughly proportional to how big a dumbass you think the other person to be AND how smart of an answer you think you can get away with.

Granted this is at times childish behavior....but done right? Damn it's fun.

A-Con is right on the money. If there is any argument whatsoever, the immersion of inner city and media violence (not just killing) could be a root in SOME situations but not all.

Stilllearning,
Whoever posted such a narcissistic comment our your website only reinforces my observation that as a culture, we are doomed. Excreeting such simplistic propaganda stinks of arrested enlightenment and opportunistic entitlement. In other words: The guy's a phoney.

We have become so soft as a society, that many of us have nothing better to do than to imagine and extrapolate about the sopposed psycological weaknesses and defects of others... explaining away the evils of the world. That statement embodies the dogma of the personal self-esteem crowd and their self-serving self-rightiousness and endless quest for self-promotion.

And I'm pretty damn sick of it. I'm surrounded by it each and every day out here.

Sometimes you can't spare an idiot's feelings: Tell whoever made that statement to go to hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back