I have THE hunting rig to get me to the Trail Head.

Will this work???

• YES/NO

• Maybeeeee....

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not for National Forest Logging Roads. BTW, from mirror tip to mirror tip, the HMMWV is 4.3 inches NARROWER than the GM 2500HD/3500HD, 4.9 inches narrower than the F250/F350 and 3.4 inches narrower then the Ram 2500/3500. CLEARANCE IS CLEARANCE!

H1s are not narrower than any of those trucks...body width on an H1 is 86.5", most full size trucks are right around 80". Looks like a fun rig though, you'll be glad you got the whole thing Rhino-lined...

The Hummers have not been accepted by the ranching community and they put utility above fancy.

I recall early on in their introduction to the civilian market a dealer brought some to a cattleman's association convention and parked them outside the convention hall as floor models. Apparently they forgot to lock the doors on one.

After the dance the second night, someone I may or may not know had some female companionship on the hard bench seat. :devilish:

Best test drive of my um his life...

It's pronounced "eye dentist". - Mrs.Wllm1313
Mrs (Dr) rmyoung1 just stabbed your wife’s voodoo doll... in the eye, @wllm1313. 😃
And I have to do this because it’s @noharleyyet and my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to correct him with a word in the English language, BUUUUT there is an extra “h.” OPHTHALMOLOGIST 😉

Last edited:
Sorry for the digression, @Flyingone . It’s a cool-looking ride. I’ve never been lucky enough to find elk right from the rig, but that one should get you to the trailheads.👍🏻

Last edited:
Is it long enough that you can remove or fold down seats to sleep in?

Joking aside, I think that would be a great western hunting rig. Post some field pics this fall.

I should have clarified...
1) It is a Military HMMWV and NOT a Hummer, civilian version.
2) "YES" I can put a whole Elk in the back.
3) I have Full faith that it could go anywhere and a lot more than a 4 bannger Toyota! (OMG REALLY?!?).
4) Fuel Mileage does suck but it is a HUNTING RIG and NOT a Highway Vehicle!
5) I am 6'01" with 195 pounds. It is way comfortable enough to get to a trail head.
6) Sure are A LOT of "armchair" quarterbacks on this site that can spout of an "opinion" faster than they can afford something!! Hope you feel better!
7) No! I have never shot an Elk from anywhere near a road either. I can get to/from the trail head no matter what. Can you?? GOOD BOOTS ARE A MUST!
8) Pictures will follow!!
9) YES they are NARROWER (Mine is at 80 1/2" "Mirror Tip to Mirror Tip") than the Modern trucks! (Sniffing Glue today??)
a) GM
Overall Width (in. / mm):81.75 / 2076 (SRW) 96.75 / 2457 (DRW)
b) Ford 101.3 to 108.6"
c) Dodge 8'6" L x 97" W x 58" C/A x 42" Runners.
D) I did state, "Mirror Tip to Mirror Tip" folks!
For everyone else that is not overly OPINIONATED, I enjoyed "sharing" my hunting rig with you! Have a great season!!

Last edited:
3) I have Full faith that it could go anywhere and a lot more than a 4 bannger Toyota! (OMG REALLY?!?).
5) I am 6'01" with 195 pounds. It is way comfortable enough to get to a trail head.
6) Sure are A LOT of "armchair" quarterbacks on this site that can spout of an "opinion" faster than they can afford something!! Hope you feel better!
7) No! I have never shot an Elk from anywhere near a road either. I can get to/from the trail head no matter what. Can you?? GOOD BOOTS ARE A MUST!
9) YES they are NARROWER (Mine is at 81 3/4") than the Modern trucks! (Sniffing Glue today??)
Dang, did somebody call your baby ugly?!?!? :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, though, that’s a sweet rig!

Sorry for the digression, @Flyingone . It’s a cool-looking ride. I’ve never been lucky enough to find elk right from the rig, but that one should get you to the trailheads.

As long as the trail-heads are legally accessed by vehicles I don't care what kind they are. You might be parked next to a Prius at the trail-heads.

9) YES they are NARROWER (Mine is at 80 1/2" "Mirror Tip to Mirror Tip") than the Modern trucks! (Sniffing Glue today??)
a) GM
Overall Width (in. / mm):81.75 / 2076 (SRW) 96.75 / 2457 (DRW)
b) Ford 101.3 to 108.6"
c) Dodge 8'6" L x 97" W x 58" C/A x 42" Runners.
D) I did state, "Mirror Tip to Mirror Tip" folks!
For everyone else that is not overly OPINIONATED, I enjoyed "sharing" my hunting rig with you! Have a great season!!
That's an awesome rig!

Now remember that I was nice to you in case my Durango needs a tug this fall, lol.

The day that how you get to the trailhead becomes relevant in whether you fill an elk tag or not is a day I do not wish to see. I hope you enjoy your rig. But, if I were a betting man and were willing to bet a nickel, by bet is that you don't get your elk this fall. Unless.... you put as much effort into hunting as you do your hunting rig. If that is the case I will amend my opinion.

Please post pics of the monster mud holes bagged and the tag soup at the end of the season. ;)

Back