Hunting TV celebrity busted

Thanks for taking the time to post your side of the story, Bob. I understand how mistakes can happen, but if you are saying that it was your responsibility to purchase the second tag and you just forgot that you didn't...I have a hard time believing that. Even if that is the way it happened, I would be curious to know how much time passed between the two sentences below:
Without any further mistakes I decided to research when returning to the office if I had misplaced it. Immediately when I was confronted I openly admitted and offered to take responsibility for my mistake.
It doesn't sound like you turned yourself in after your "mistake." It sounds like you tried to get away with it and only confessed when the authorities came knocking on your door. No excuse for that.

Guys,

Beat me up, that's fine. Did you not read the part when I said I would go back to try to find it at office? Also until your in this position it is hard to say exactly how you would handle it? It is not good no matter how you cut it. No matter what it was my mistake. I openly admitted it from the start.

There really is no need to tell me how stupid it was, I very well know how stupid I was and the way it went down.

The only thing I would like to make clear is that I am human and made a mistake. Someday it could be any of you, I hope not, but it could.

Lastly for any reason possible why would I have done this on purpose? I wouldn't, so I think we can get beyond the comments stating anything other then I made a mistake.

Thanks again.

Bob Beck
Extreme Outer Limits TV

Bob Beck at his office: Ring, ring, ring, hello, Idaho Fish and Game, how may I help you.

Bob Beck: I shot a second deer here in Idaho, but I and can't find the second tag that I purchased in my folder. Can you look it up on your computer to get me a duplicate one? I know the deer needed to be tagged, I thought I had it on me, and something could be wrong. Can you help me?

Idaho Game warden: Bob, you didn't purchase the second tag so it's illegal. We need to talk.

Game over, but it would have been the right thing to do. Especially when your in the public eye. You have to hold yourself to a higher standard than the rest of us. You chose the spotlight, and it's up to you to play at that higher level.

Again, my mistake. I wasn't looking to win a battle here, just was giving a explanation.

Thanks again for your time.

Spook, very good advice.

Bob Beck
Extreme Outer Limits TV

So bob what is the timeline between the time you shot the deer and you were contacted by authorities?

You knowingly poached that deer and tried to get away with it. No mistake there and im glad someone turned you POS in.

I was going to be done here, then saw Wyo deer.

Thanks for the name calling.

I told you my answer, your not happy with it. Not much I can do with that. Again like I have said, my mistake. However I did not intentionally poach any deer.

Take care and good luck with your hunts this year.

Bob Beck
Extreme Outer Limits TV

Bob,
Have your public hunting privileges been revoked in 37 states? Why would you not take legal action against the newspaper if the report is false? Quite frankly you already look like the bad guy, how could legal action to set the record straight make you look any worse.

I am only suspended in Idaho until this December. No other states what so ever.

Like I said we will be moving forward with the support of our good sponsors. Of course all the wiser from my mistakes.

On the legal side of things, yes we can demand a reprint at anytime. We do have the documents from the state. However I felt that by pushing a lesser amount of my wrong doing, I would really not be addressing the fact of my mistake. Therefor scape goating on the reporters. In the end of things I am the one who should have not put myself on the burner. my choice I suppose, I am a big boy and made a mistake, I will live with it.

Thanks again.

Bob Beck
Extreme Outer Limits TV

If you're a big boy answer everyones questions.

How much time went by from when you shot the deer and you were contacted by the state wildlife agency?

Gentlemen,

They agreed to no felony, no Lacey act, and no compact issues. Just the citation. So off we went, back to work. And now here we are.

Just because you were not charged does not mean you were innocent and in fact should have been. I take it you transported the illegal deer across state lines, or did you leave it in Idaho?

Wyodeer,

When you have many other people's interest in the forefront of actions you may have made, it takes time to make a plan that is conducive. What I can tell you is when a plan was in place, I had my attorney contact the DA in Idaho. Then they set the meetings up from there. It was on our accord to make that contact.

From your aggressiveness towards me I know this will not be a suitable answer for you. However given the respect of the companies involved, maybe you can think of it that way.

Again my sincere apologies to the hunting community.

Bob Beck
extreme Outer Limits TV

I never once said or implied I was innocent. Not sure how that would be perceived?

Of course I did not leave the deer.

Again I did not enter this forum to be involved in a war. I wanted to address the hunting community the best I could. I made a mistake, and have made no bones about it. I apologize ahead that I really do not have much more to say. I have tried to explain the mistake in detail.

I respect all of your opinions, whatever they may be.

Take care.

Bob Beck
Extreme Outer Limits TV

Wyodeer,

When you have many other people's interest in the forefront of actions you may have made, it takes time to make a plan that is conducive. What I can tell you is when a plan was in place, I had my attorney contact the DA in Idaho. Then they set the meetings up from there. It was on our accord to make that contact.

From your aggressiveness towards me I know this will not be a suitable answer for you. However given the respect of the companies involved, maybe you can think of it that way.

Again my sincere apologies to the hunting community.

Bob Beck
extreme Outer Limits TV

Its all about business and money to you isn't it? You're a tool and I hope you lose sponsors over it.

Thanks again Wyodeer.

Not sure why the quote? It was a answer directly to you.

It does however blow my mind that, something that makes perfect sense, does not make any sense to you? In one hand you want to hold me at a higher level of responsibility, but the folks involved would need to be thought of from a responsible standpoint. Yet you still find a reason to bash anything I answer for you. You asked, I answered. Should be simple.

I get it, you just do not like me, got it. It really doesn't have to do with the facts. I never came on here lying and telling you I did not do it. I however did say that I did, and apologized for it to the hunting community.

I am sorry Wyodeer I tried to communicate, you just made it very tough.

Bob Beck
Extreme Outer Limits TV

You asked, I answered. Should be simple.
I don't think you did answer his question. He asked how much time passed between your realization of the wring and contacting the authorities. You never gave a length of time. You just stated that you took the time to formulate a plan then had your attorney contact them. You never stated how many hours, days, weeks, months, that took. So, IMO, you did not answer his question.

Though I have not, thankfully, made the mistake you have I can see how it could happen. However, I would hope that I would be stand up enough to call the authorities as soon as I could. The part about going home, across state lines, and making a "plan" before calling the authorities appears a bit dodgy...

That's why I like living and hunting in a game zone without tag requirements (except for does on days other than when antlerless is legal). It's even better since we don't have any limits or restrictions on how many bucks and does we can kill during the season. The law is plain, simple, and provides no way to get confused.

Well I would like to wish Mr. Beck the best of luck and thank him for coming here with a patient and classy exchange.

It's ben a long time since I've much worth sayign but here i goes:

I found this with a quick online search:
The Wildlife Violator Compact (WVC) assures non-resident violators receiving citations for certain wildlife violations in participating states the same treatment accorded residents who are in violation. Procedures are established which cause a non-resident violator who fails to comply with the terms of a citation issued in a participating state to face the possibility of the suspension of his wildlife license privileges in his home state until the terms of the citation are met. Safeguards are built into the WVC to assure that a non-resident violator is afforded all due process protection.

The WVC provides for the reciprocal recognition of the suspension of license privileges by participating states. The reciprocal recognition of suspensions is intended to address the problems associated with the mobility of many violators.

Finally, the WVC provides that information on convictions in participating states shall be forwarded to the home state of the violator. The home state shall treat such convictions as if they had occurred in that state for the purposes of license suspension actions. The WVC not only assures equal treatment of residents and non-residents of participating states, but also enhances the law enforcement services and deterrent value of time spent patrolling by uniformed officers.
http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/enforce/?getPage=206

Looks like Bad Bob could file an appeal in his home state if he wanted too.
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/hunting/WildlifeViolatorCompact/wildlife_violator_compact.asp

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back