Hunting Television?

Which outdoor programming network do you prefer?

• Versus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outdoor Channel

• Sportsman's Channel

• Pursuit Network

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oak

Expert
The recent talk about hunting television and the lack of quality programming got me to wondering what everyone is watching. By many of the responses, it sounds like people ARE watching, even if the quality isn't there.

So my question is, what network do you find yourself watching the most? Is there one that has more of the programming you like to watch? If Fin could get a network to bite, which one would you hope picks it up?

i don't own a tv. But from what I've watched in terms if hunting shows is poor to horrible. I'd rather watch "There will be Blood" than any hunting show out there right now.

Outdoor Channel only because it is all we get through cable in Boise. Should be the "canned hunt channel". Very rarely watch the hunting shows though, maybe 1 a year though I don't remember the last time I watched one. Used to watch a couple of upland shows when Versus was OLN - MUCH better channel because it actually had shows about the outdoors like canoeing, mountain biking, shooting, etc.

Watch Versus on occasion as it is the only fishing/hunting/outdoor channel in our DISH package. Looking at the guide today, seems to have more "cage match fighting" than anything else

When bored, I look for hunting shows online. Usually watch the Primos show from thier website

The only one I get is the Sportsman's channel. Outside of two or three shows I enjoy, it's pretty worthless.
It seems so me that versus and the outdoor channel have shows with a lot higher production value than sportsmans. If you wanna watch Bubba catch a catfish with his hands while wearing jeans, or shoot a frog out of his canoe, than the sportsmans channel is perfect for you.

I have access to the top three choices in the poll. I would rank production quality just like the poll choices are listed, with Versus being number 1.

That said, the Outdoor Channel is the one that has more of the type of programming I prefer, because they have more shows that are based in the west. Versus has lots of Texas hunting and the popular southeast bass fishermen (how can anyone watch that week after week?:confused: )

Like Randy said, The Sportsman's Channel seems to be a lot of "Jimbob's Catfish and Crappie Show". They appear to have pretty low standards.

I voted for The Outdoor Channel, purely based on current content.

From what I've watched, I think the order Oak listed is correct.

Dont really have a favorite, most of whats shown on all of them is crap.

They all seem to run together after awhile................What Channel were ya'll able to get "Jimbob's Catfish and Crappie Show"????????? John;)

I'll only suscribe to a channel if it comes with a package or is free. I won't pay extra for any of them. That said, I get VS and Sportsman's with my current package and much prefer the latter. You have to weed through a bit of chaff, but they do have some pretty good shows, with IMO Bowhunter Magazine being near the top...

Hmm, this is giving me another poll idea. Thanks for everyone's participation. Don't stop now.

I'll stop if I se Tiffany Lakosky on something, other than that, I could usally care less about the hunting shows. I'll also tune in if someone I know is on, or the hunt takes place in AZ.

I only get the outdoor channel and the newness is wearing off and I watch less and less of it.To many poor quality shows that look mostly staged.I was hoping there was better out there but it doesn't sound like it.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back