Hunting south of Ennis, MT and west of Yellowstone

What do I do with the guy on his back? Is there an ethical perspective on whether I have to wait until he gets off before shooting or is it okay to blaze away at my discretion? I am shooting a 6.5 Creedmor.

I own a cabin south of Ennis and west of Yellowstone. It is one of my favorite places, and I don't spend enough time there, but I don't hunt there anymore.

Maybe it is because that country is too steep for someone as full-bodied as myself, and maybe it is because my decisions on where to recreate in Montana almost always revolve around proximity to Gallatin County, and anymore that country is too close.

1599146631455.png

I own a cabin south of Ennis and west of Yellowstone. It is one of my favorite places, and I don't spend enough time there, but I don't hunt there anymore.

Maybe it is because that country is too steep for someone as full-bodied as myself, and maybe it is because my decisions on where to recreate in Montana almost always revolve around proximity to Gallatin County, and anymore that country is too close.

View attachment 152806

My wife and I were up by the Gallatin National Forest this past week. Stopped in at Holly's Road Kill Saloon near McLeod Mt for lunch and cool drinks. Beautiful area! That's in Sweet Grass County I think. I'm not to sure where in relationship to Gallatin County.

My wife and I were up by the Gallatin National Forest this past week. Stopped in at Holly's Road Kill Saloon near McLeod Mt for lunch and cool drinks. Beautiful area! That's in Sweet Grass County I think. I'm not to sure where in relationship to Gallatin County.
Love the Road Kill Saloon

Nothing like taking a nowhere thread and making it a conversation... By the way, we didn't see any elk.
It’s all about being able to glean information from subtle references.
I feel like I got a pretty good lead by reading into MThunter’s tip about Miles City.
Some of us can take E scouting skilz to a whole nother level.

View attachment 152806
“Full bodied”:LOL:

I resemble that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back