Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunting south of Ennis, MT and west of Yellowstone

pklimpel

Wondering if there are any elk in this area. Used to hunt by Lima, MT but they seem to be getting thinned out in that area. Looking for spots to hunt this fall.

I found someone's carhart out there this weekend. 'Bout 7 miles from anywhere. Maybe if it was
one of those brands that you "invest" in they might have gone back for it. Laying on th ground, I hung it
up to dry out.IMG_0771.JPG

Wondering if there are any elk in this area. Used to hunt by Lima, MT but they seem to be getting thinned out in that area. Looking for spots to hunt this fall.
There are definitely elk south of Ennis and West of Yellowstone, but you might want to check out north of Yellowstone. But... the real sweet spot is east of the little bump out of Yellowstone along the border. South is Yellowstone is good to but I guess that is Wyoming so don’t worry about checking that area out.

Yes, yes there are elk there, as well as deer, moose, bear, buffalo, squirrels, coyotes, and a host of other critters.

I haven’t been able to scout much this summer. Can someone just draw me an X on Doublecluck’s map to pinpoint where a 350” public land bull will be located on opening day? Not too far from the road please. I need to be back at the house in time for dinner.

I haven’t been able to scout much this summer. Can someone just draw me an X on Doublecluck’s map to pinpoint where a 350” public land bull will be located on opening day? Not too far from the road please. I need to be back at the house in time for dinner.
bull.JPG

There's a bull right there at Miles City...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back