Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

I cooked up 5lbs. of bacon and sealed and froze it for
early morning camp fare, no friends or family allowed! 💥
RING AROUNG THE ROSIE 20' (1) (1).jpg

At the end of February, I was injured at work resulting in a couple of torn tendons in my right arm,resulting in surgery. This past Thursday, I was finally given a clean bill of health to start doing my thing again. Never realized sitting around being crippled up for over two months would take away my endurance, but holy crap, went for a bike ride today and I felt like I was so out of shape. So I guess I have my work cut out to get back to where I was before the accident. This week sometime, I'll go attempt to shoot my bow and see how that goes...should be fun...lol

Hiked 5 miles into the Wilderness area to retrieve my camera that I set up last September, anticipating all the glorious pics I might have of big bulls and bears. Only to find the tree got blown over 15 days after I set it up....DISAPPOINTMENT!

Attachments

• 50F3D139-8FC7-4856-B0F3-24956E831B6E.jpeg
    50F3D139-8FC7-4856-B0F3-24956E831B6E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
Sat in the bed of my jeep to avoid darn ticks and performed a fitness routine of lift & lower binos. Bit of a bicep/tricep workout.
F-n bears and ticks... sat my arse down on a log not more than 5 minutes and there the tick walked... right over my right pant quad area. Off to the truck bed I went. I'll deal with 'em if I pound one.

Oh, bit of finger exercise typing this between bino lift/lower...

20210503_170757.jpg

I got home from work early this afternoon and decided to lay aside all the chores that need done and go for a little hike. I loaded about 20 lbs in my pack and drove up the local canyon a little ways and started my hike. I ended up going on a quick 4 mile, bushwacking hike with about 1400 feet of elevation gain. It felt great to start the process of working my lungs, legs and feet back up after a long, lazy winter.

Mine is working out and getting my fat ass in better shape than last few years. I got plenty of bullets, plenty of gear and a truck so working on gear is least of my worries. I recently was diagnosed as borderline diabetic with glucose intolerance so lifestyle change is best preparation I can do. Good news is I am down from 254 to 234. Now if I can break 230 soon I am doing good.

Took today off from bear hunting since weather sucks and is snowing up high plus my legs need some rest. Used time to submit wyoming and idaho apps, all 22 apps for season are submitted! Purchased a new spotter, trying a kowa 884 (really excited) try that on spring bear trip to idaho. Going to be a memorable fall!!!

Last edited:
Y’all out here claiming to be ski bums?
#wski
Screw that LOL. They tried to force me to learn to ski in the Army. I busted several ribs when they put me down an advanced slope too early for my experience and skill level, now I am scared shitless when I begin to slip and slide whether it's in a vehicle or on foot. Them trees do not yield or move out of yer dang way either.

Broke a new barrel in on my PRC and hit the weights. built some brownie points up by washing the wife's car. did some map study and escouting...... productive weekend I suppose

Working on getting all my "Honey-Do" list items knocked out so I can get some hiking, scouting and mountain biking in.
We built a new home and moved into it at the end of March. Now that the biggest part of unpacking was completed and furniture assembled, it is time to focus on landscaping. I spread about two acres of top soil and planted grass. Borrowed a friends skid steer and put 45 tons of gravel on the driveway. Been building a rock garden and put decorative gravel around house perimeter... another 30 tons of gravel. Lots of hand raking.
The past two days I have been putting in landscape timbers. I also built a grass seed drag and drug the two acres on foot to work my legs.
I have about two more days of landscape edging, then I will move on to fence the back yard for the pups.
That should finish the yard up pretty much... then I can concentrate on building my shop benches and then reloading benches in my basement man cave, along with wiring in additional lighting in there.
Hope to wrap it all up by mid June so I can play!

I went out at dawn & checked the new binos in low light. Cool.
Elk & antelope EZ to see,without a tag in hand.
Rio & I went down into the Gila to get firewood & try glassing from a tripod Fri. Did not see any deer but did see some elk.
How do folks watch birds? lol
Got a full truckload of wood & a burrito from Ella's too. Cool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back