Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

Rode Yogi this morning on a short 20 minute trail ride. He's being ridden 5 days a week getting a tune up with a good trainer.
This will be my first season combining the PBR with my love for elk hunting, if this is my last post on HT, just know I gave it hell!!!
I learned how to put a saddle on in April, literally.

@PNWGator has been EXTREMELY helpful on this venture, answering all of my rookie dumbass questions weekly.

1595189599815.png

That sounds interesting, never heard of that , looks like a good time
My first year doing it, but this league has been going on for a long time. Only one Saturday a month, so not to big of a commitment and you shoot at the same time and against the same team everytime. Scored the same way as bowling but we only do 5 frames. You shoot freehand from 150 feet, slugs only and can only have a front sight. Four person teams, 14 total teams this year. No wins or loses just total score is accumulated for the year, pay back to the top 5 scoring teams. Not allowed to shoot if you're drunk or a vehicle on the road. So far it's pretty good time.

Been stuck working overseas past 7 weeks. Working out and keeping a good calorie deficit I’ve dropped 8 lbs since I’ve been here. Had a good leg workout today.

Went and shot the 40 target outdoor archery course at KUTCH archery with my crew , then we went and had a BBQ of Roosevelt elk burgers then sat at the creek in my buddy’s back yard

hiking the course
ECCE3457-D39A-48C5-BDD4-4386D4B67242.jpeg

time for the creek after a burger
5779F483-3777-42CF-9D50-C9E7C56EF7D0.jpeg

I forgot to add when at KUTCH archery, I got my arrows for elk season , OREGON DUCKS 🦆, even if college football gets cancelled I’m still gonna be rocking my favorite team in the field this fall , fired up about the arrows
EBC35602-66D8-4A10-8AA2-86C830C33F4D.jpeg

Did an early am hike in the elk woods it’s supposed to be low 90’s today , there’s a canyon close to home that there’s a herd of elk in and the gate I wanted to go in, there actually working in there doing some logging stuff, so I went up above that area where the elk also a run in the upper part of the canyon and explored that part of the property I don’t know how much a I’ll hunt it during elk season but it’s really close to home so if I had like an hour or hour and a half or something before dark I could run up there and poke around and see if there in there and I’m sure they’re going to be in there couple times during the season so it’s something ive been keeping in the back of my mind for a day after work, I just walked around in there and got more familiar with the area

CE35FD76-E67A-4C16-837A-D7F6C0BA50FB.jpeg
8FC2D330-DD3B-427C-8599-8AAEF73DCA82.jpeg
2F2903CC-C5BE-4C75-AF7A-B5A1774F7222.jpeg

Last edited:
Now is the time to figure that out..
It sure is. Had GMU boundaries turned off for some reason and saw some good looking areas close to where I was scouting within an OTC unit and found out after. Explains why there was more sign there.

Watched a herd of elk drink @ my tank & then bed down under the few junipers , in the sw corner of my place. They stayed until noon then moved off to the west. Came in & started my AC.
Been a tough day to take.

Last edited:
Back