Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hunting conspiracy theories

I usually hear a few new theories whenever I go home to visit family for the holidays.

When coyotes started becoming more common around NW PA, it was the state sending turkeys out west in exchange for coyotes.... Seems like a fair trade. Curious what the exchange rate was. Then fisher became more common. Well those were stocked to control turkey numbers as well. I no longer try to dispell the myths, I usually just nod my head and change the subject.

Dad and I know a guy that swears deer hide their sheds by picking them up and dropping them in the brush and says he has saw them do it. Of course the same guy couldn't find a 6-pt elk shed in a mowed lawn.

I usually hear a few new theories whenever I go home to visit family for the holidays.

When coyotes started becoming more common around NW PA, it was the state sending turkeys out west in exchange for coyotes.... Seems like a fair trade. Curious what the exchange rate was. Then fisher became more common. Well those were stocked to control turkey numbers as well. I no longer try to dispell the myths, I usually just nod my head and change the subject.

Well we did stock fishers in PA, not to kill turkeys, but good luck trying to prove otherwise lol!

They're ferocious predators but recent scat studies suggest they don't often kill turkeys often at all... but its the government and their agenda that did the study...

Caught this one on my neighbor's driveway last year in a fox set. Released unharmed since fisher season already went out. You could almost smell the turkey on his breath.....
20190128_100513.jpg

Once a spike always a spike.

Try and convince a 70 plus year man that's not true.
I hear this one every...single...year

Europe is correct,Lost Dutchman Mine does exist,we hunt the area with Sasquatch every year.
True Story!! 〽 💥

The Five mountain lions that were tranquilized and released while still sleepy in Modoc county and a local found them and shot them all. Can't find any story to corroborate this.

That CA F&G transplanted Mule Deer into Mendocino County and that's why the Blacktail genetics are SO good there.

Mortally wounded big game animals won't go uphill.

Elk don't know how many legs a horse has.

Buck Turds clump, does crap pellets. (Have borne this out a couple times when i killed a couple bucks near their bedding areas, prove me wrong)

I really don't understand this, so they're saying a one year spike at 10 years of age will still be a spike? I'm assuming if this is the case that there are scores of spikes with worn down teeth littering hunters sheds?
Yes there is people that believe that spikes will forever be spikes because of genetics.

<Insert elk, deer, or "x"> know when season begins and ends... and during the season, route to some unknown secret safe-haven.

Wait, that's not a conspiracy! That's my tag soup story! 😄

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back