PEAX Equipment

Hunting conspiracy theories

JT13--rattlesnakes dropped to kill turkeys ?

Some folks in these parts think that the state is trying to kill off the turkeys by dropping rattlesnakes out of helicopters during nesting season.....

Also just had a guy show me a picture of a "106 lb coy-wolf" that he killed last year in Bradford County Pennsylvania (all the crazy stories come out of Bradford County). When asked if he showed it to anyone like a wildlife professional, the news, a taxidermist....anyone... he said he sold it to a fur buyer, who's name he couldn't exactly remember. He's also seen 4 PA mountain lions over the years. Must be one lucky fella

IA: DNR stocks cougars, rifle and crossbow hunting was expanded to boost sales tax receipts, gub’ment is trying to get rid of “native” pheasants

The Glaciers in Glazier National Park will be gone by 2020

The Lost Dutchman's Gold in Arizona is not a myth, Dirtclod and I have just not found it yet

Wilm1313--------I am sure Panda will eventually answer your query, but we did go out on a dog sled to view the Polar's and it was a wonderful experience. We saw a few Polar Bears while in the dog sled and also in town. The signs in town were different. A sign, like a speed limit sign, that said BEWARE with a picture of a Polar Bear on it. We did not do any after dinner strolling (-;

Excluding the bears, we also went on a dog sled ride somewhere close to Jackson Hole Wy years ago, and it was a lot of fun. I have no idea if one can still do that but when we went we took the ride to a hot springs and was able to get in the hot springs. A lot of fun if all that is still available.

Hunting Wife---I just remembered. I dont remember the name of the birds, but they were rare birds along the Churchhill River up there also, which is a bit closer to you than the Amazon River. But I still hope you get to the Amazon, you will love it.

Sorry guys I got a bit off subject

some say this is a myth, but I have found it to be true. People in Texas are friendlier.

I have spent a bit of time on the east coast and in Alaska and I found that, on average, people in Texas are friendlier , at least they were in west Texas

We are, but we are still suffering that teen angst hangover from the 90's, making us anti social and less likely to advertise.

If I'm not mistaken the boomers and millennials still outnumber us.

Well that and because you are the only generation still carrying around flip phones

some say this is a myth, but I have found it to be true. People in Texas are friendlier.

I have spent a bit of time on the east coast and in Alaska and I found that, on average, people in Texas are friendlier , at least they were in west Texas

Rosanna's down in Texarkana
Sweet Eileen's in Abilene
And Allison's in Galveston
And Dimple's who now lives in Temple's Testi Canzoni

Friendly people everywhere...easier to find them with a smile and a kind word up front. If that doesn't work cut your loss...

This drives me crazy. Just this weekend I had a friend that my father recently introduced to deer hunting as an adult ask me how people even eat elk. He dropped his buck off for processing and said the smell from the elk cooler was so "gamey" that he had to be sure that his deer wouldn't be stored near any elk.

Antelope aren't edible.
Ducks aren't edible.
Squirrels aren't edible...

Oh and jackrabbits can only be eaten after the first freeze.
Wood duck cooked medium rare is a premium meat but I won’t force the haters to eat all mine.

It’s true. In Dallas TX area everyone was awesome. Didn’t matter what color they were or how much money they had. Walmart even had cashiers at every register. You don’t see that where I live.

Not a conspiracy theory, but oft repeated falsehood:

“His teeth were worn to the gums.”
“Only had three teeth left.”
“Wouldn’t have survived the winter.”

No picture.

I mean come on, how hard is it?
C8D56FC7-579D-4357-BDC5-7889D2C06A95.jpeg

Friendly people everywhere...easier to find them with a smile and a kind word up front. If that doesn't work cut your loss...

Very true. But again, on average and speaking only for myself.

When I first went to New York City I was surprised at the suspicious looks I got just for saying "Good Morning", and smiling. I was also so surprised by the blank looks with no response when saying "Hello" and smiling on a subway. So surprised this country girl called her father and ask "what the heck is wrong with these people?" I had people ask me after smiling and saying good morning "So do you want to order something or not ?"

But, I have had better luck in Alaska, but not like Texas. And the people in Seattle, again in my humble opinion, need to take a chill pill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back