Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunting Boots?????????

mattobertin

:confused: I am looking for A quiet hunting boot for my archery elk and deer hunts. I remember someone on here telling me about the Jackal by Danner, but I was wondering if there is any other maker or boot comparable to this one. My primary goal is to be quiet as possible as I do quite A bit of still/spot-and-stalk hunting here in AZ and it gets extremely dry and loud sometimes making this type of hunting damn near impossible! Any help will be greatly appreciated,thanks in advance!

When scouting and during archery season I carry a pair of moccassins. If I need to get really close, I put them on. I can feel twigs and since I have no real protection on my feet I automatically go slower and more tentative. Another thing that has worked in heavy timber is calling with a cow call( I use several different ones) and just bust through noisily-They think I'm an elk.
It works for me.

I have thought about the whole moccasin thing but I just could not find them for sale anywhere. Maybe I did'nt look hard enough. I was thinking of using them with a pair of bears feet and going indian style on there asses!

I have a pair of Danner Pronghorns that I love. Archery i would go with moccasins as well.

What about the cabelas silent stalk sneakers? Has anyone owned a pair? I bought a pair of cabelas speed hunters last year and they are very comfortable but the first time I went to zip them up the F#*king zipper broke!

I wear a pair of 8 inch high mocs when stalking. I hunt with a guy that stalks in a pair of felt bottom wading shoes and they work great.

Dive bootees or water shoes, dive bootees are the shitznitz for stalking in noisy heavy cover, you feel every twig or peeble under your feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back