Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunting and Skinning for Profit

Doug

Blaine Eddy from Utah has made a video detailing how to take fur handling to the next level. I know there's quite a few guys here who do their own skinning. Has anyone seen Blaine's video? I am going to invite Blaine to stop in and tell us about his video. I think a few of you gun nuts may already know who he is from your visits to the small caliber web-site.
wink.gif

Doug

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-26-2003 14:49: Message edited by: Doug ]</font>

Howdy Doug and Sly
I got your e-mail this evening Doug! Thankyou very much for the invite and also for the kind words about the Video. The Video is an advanced level Fur Handling instructional for Coyotes, Fox and Bobcat. It is very in-depth and covers Skinning,Pre-Wash,Fleshing,Sewing,Stretching and Drying. Commercial Predator Hunting has been a serious business with me for nearly 30 years. And everything that i have learned over the years concerning Fur Handling is in the Video. My son Ian and I produced it and it was Ian who did the Camera work. Inquiries can be sent by e-mail to me directly, thanks again Doug and i will try to visit often in the future. Sincerely Blaine

What a small world! You live just down the road and I just read (on another site) about your use of .14 cals for saving pelts! Welcome Blaine!! When I get more time I WILL bug you to death with questions!
wink.gif

Thats good. I have two hides in my freezer from last winter that I have no idea what to do with. Ill be in touch Blaine.

Brad

Brad,
first off check for frost/ freezerburn. If the hide is dried out it will never be saved. order one of Blaine's tapes and you won't ever have to through another hide away.

I have not seen the video but know the name well and the reputation that goes with it is top shelf. Bank on it!

sly

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-26-2003 22:19: Message edited by: Slydog ]</font>

Thanks Sly, Ill check on that, but if the wife hears anything about this her mind will already be made up.
shhh.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hello Blaine, welcome to Moosie's. I hope that you enjoy your stay here. I look forward to your posts.

I have a full cup of coffee and will be raedy for some good stories.
biggrin.gif

Howdy Blaine,how's it going ?

Guy's I bought Blaine's video several months ago and I can tell you it is a worthwhile investment.I am going to rig my truck like his,so that I can skin where I'm at rather than bring it home.Blaine's video and his writings are what prompted me to buy a 17Rem barrel for my Encore.The 17's are all about distance,but in my application they are more about fur friendly,since most of my shots,should I get any
biggrin.gif
,will be at 100 yards or under.

Welcome aboard Blaine,this place is like Jim Saubier's,no one here will flame you for your opinions/beliefs,everyone is friendly and easy going.It is really nice to see you here.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-27-2003 08:19: Message edited by: Seldom Ever ]</font>

`Howdy Seldom Ever
Thanks for the Welcome! hows your new .17 working out? I was given a very warm welcome here and i want you and everybody else to know that i really appreaciate it. Especially Slydogs comments. Thankyou Slydog! It looks like one of you (1 pointer) only lives a mile or so from me," NEAT! Man it indeed is a small world! Just think fellers "only 16 more weeks till Fur Season! YAH WHOOOOOOOOO!!! Thanks Again! Blaine

Hey Blaine,I am still waiting on my 17 barrel to get here,and hoping for the best.Soon as it gets here,I'll have some loads already worked up!

I also ordered a tactical twenty from Cooper,but it won't get here until Jan-Feb.

Crow woman, You're not too late, Cuz I haven't even said hello yet ... Chalk another up for thr slacking "BOSS"
wink.gif

Welcome aboard bud, Look out for that 1-pointer Fellow, I've spent several hunts with him, He's nothing but trouble... Well, I guess thats why I always invite him back to camp
smile.gif
HAHA !!

Cheers Mate, And Welcome aboard to the best hunting website on the net, Where we like to have fun and Kill lot's of Chit
tongue.gif

You are very welcome Blaine,
We are very glad to have you on board and look forward to some stories.

slydog

Blaine-
Couple of questions. Could I save shipping charges on your video by stopping by and picking one up?
biggrin.gif
Also, do you still work with Contenders? I've looked at some of the data you came up with for Mike Bellm.

Hello Crow Woman and Moosie.
Thankyou also for the warm welcome,I am very happy to be here! 1_Pointer you bet! stop over anytime, just hit the main drag in Sunset then head south, take a left at the Big-O tire store and i'm about 5 houses up on the right at 485 Fern Dr. When you get to the ugly old dump truck parked out front, you're there! Crow Woman! My daughter aryan who is 13 said to say hello and to tell you that she is going on her first coyote hunt with her dad this Winter, My son Ian killed his first Dog when he was 10. My son took over my contender many years ago and has two barrels for it, a .17Rem and a 5.6x50Bellm Mag. It sure is a handy little rifle and works exceptionally well as a window gun and for scopelighting. Seldom Ever, i think that Cooper will be well worth the wait and expense, man are we guys and gals gonna kill some Fur this winter or what? I have had a few goofy experiences while hunting Coyotes over the years if you folks would like i could share a couple with you. Thanks Again: Blaine

Blaine,
Don't ask just write, we are on pins and needles,,,(grins) everyone here likes a good story.

sly

Blaine,I'm really glad you're here,and I sure hope to collect at least some fur!

As for stories,I think every member of this board is always up for a good story,so type away,we're all monitor
biggrin.gif
!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back