Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hunt with Trump and Teddy!!

There is a possibility he dumped his wife for other reasons or she dumped him for other reasons and the news announcer could have been the consolation prize. Any rate, a person never dumps their kids, even in devorice. They are still his kids and we dont know that relationship. Might be better all the way around.
Kimberly hunts!

@hossblur I’m reminded of a conversation I had with my dad a decade ago about preservationalists versus conservationists. I think Yvon is the former not the latter, which I think is why many of us have such unease with him as an ally.

He has certainly, done a lot of work to preserve habitat, but he definitely prefers a hands off approach to interacting with the natural world.
There are MANY pro hunt / public land Companies that would not have brought the anti - esa funding for groups judicial obstruction as well as his own propaganda, from wolves to griz, etc... Influence young naïve college hunt first timers with the impression Patagonia is the lead... This is fiscal strategic activity for Patagonia purchase and influence, etc. He, Yvon is an environmental organization funded principally by the purchase of his products.

Then again, I'd enjoy a campfire b.s.'ing with the likes of him. I have no problem chatting around the fire at hunt camp with people of opposing opinions as well as chatting lighthearted banter with those not interested in casual debate / discussion. In fact, I prefer it... keeps the keyboard chest thumpers at bay... There tends to be a lot more civility when in person... Unless you're in a wall tent talking shit about another without that person present... Ball-less sack - though you know who you are. ;)

There are MANY pro hunt / public land Companies that would not have brought the anti - esa funding for groups judicial obstruction as well as his own propaganda, from wolves to griz, etc... Influence young naïve college hunt first timers with the impression Patagonia is the lead... This is fiscal strategic activity for Patagonia purchase and influence, etc. He, Yvon is an environmental organization funded principally by the purchase of his products.

Then again, I'd enjoy a campfire b.s.'ing with the likes of him. I have no problem chatting around the fire at hunt camp with people of opposing opinions as well as chatting lighthearted banter with those not interested in casual debate / discussion. In fact, I prefer it... keeps the keyboard chest thumpers at bay... There tends to be a lot more civility when in person... Unless you're in a wall tent talking shit about another without that person present... Ball-less sack - though you know who you are. ;)

Patagonia is a company I have had a, I don't know 30 year/25 year, as long as I can remember, relationship with. There founders have done more to change the way outdoor brands think about their products and relationship with the woods than any other apparel manufacturer period. There would be no Sitka, Kuiu, First Lite, Stone Glacier, etc. with out Patagonia. I roll my eyes at Patagonia, the same way I roll my eyes sometimes at my old hippy aunt and uncle.

As I alluded to before their are groups and orgs that advocate for preservation, i.e. National Parks, and those that advocate for conservation i.e. National Forests. Those groups will be partners and opponents, but at the end of the day as I'm walking out of their store with a new purchase I will know that while we may argue about whether grizzlies should be hunted, Patagonia wants those bears to exist as much as I do. Patagonia will fight at the highest levels to make sure that there is habitat for those bears, and by keeping them around they give conservationist the chance to make our argument for wise use.

I care a lot about hunting elk, but I care more about there being elk.

Sytes,
If you found yourself in my wall tent - blabbering away - you might realize that you wouldn't enjoy the opposing opinion banter (in my camp). I'm the same person when not on the interweb.
But who knows..............
:LOL:

I'm just going to leave this little nugget here: https://www.fieldandstream.com/public-land-conservation-allies-patagonia-first-lite/

Go ahead with the armchair quarterbackin' on what it means to be a friend vs foe in the conservation space. There ain't a chance in hell I'm arrogant enough to think I know more than Conservation writer and investigative journalist Mr. Herring nor Director of Conservation Mr. Callaghan on this issue. Like Newberg would say, "I drive a desk for a living" and it doesn't have a think to do with conservation.

Last edited:
Sytes,
If you found yourself in my wall tent - blabbering away - you might realize that you wouldn't enjoy the opposing opinion banter (in my camp). I'm the same person when not on the interweb.
How much are tickets for the onpoint chucklefest Hunt. Asking for a friend.

Free, with serious elk tacos for the palate and the most intense conservation conversation you may ever take part in - I know, yawn.
But I knew at the outset the question must be for a "friend".
If it weren't for memes and your sesquipedalian:p verbosity, I don't believe you'd have much to post on here. I realize the challenge , which I must lose, thrown down here............
If you were to bestow your opinions regarding public lands (and the like, etc.) upon us, it would also help your point score stay on top.
Actually, a camp of you ,I , Sytes, and my dogs may be interesting. Not for my dogs...............

Ok, so after reading all 175 posts on this subject I've decided to make a decision on hunting with Trump Jr. or Ted.

Ok, for my time with Trump Jr. you guys will have to sweeten the pot. Throw in one of them new fangled Jeep Gladiators in the Rubicon trim and I'm in. I won't spend a dime of my hard earned money to hunt with him. The tickets must be bought by others to have whatever chance there might be. So go ahead and put in my name if you like.

I"ll make every attempt to reason with Jr and do my best to have a conversation with him. Not sure we speak the same type of language though.

To hunt with Ted N. Not sure you could sweeten the pot enough for me.

Sytes,
I promise, I'll smile while you share your... blabbering opinions. :) Some people work desk jobs, the outdoors, heavy equipment, medical, judicial - lobbyists, etc… Some deal with crapheads daily. You, are far from a crap head as I am sure your allied friends would account. We certainly differ though, in person or here - you're far from intolerable. ;)

I've met the Nuge once, when my buddy was working the local radio station in high school. He is a down-to-earth, affable guy. You would honestly enjoy hunting with him.

^^hella nice bass boat.
For real! I’d like to give that one a test drive. I remembered this article coming out in Field and Stream or Outdoor Life a few years back when Dubya was President and when striper fishing with Bush came up I remembered it and found it online 😂

I've met the Nuge once, when my buddy was working the local radio station in high school. He is a down-to-earth, affable guy. You would honestly enjoy hunting with him.
. What do @thusby and Donna Pinciotti have in common? They both hung out with “ The Nuge “ as a result of a local radio station. 😂

Free, with serious elk tacos for the palate and the most intense conservation conversation you may ever take part in - I know, yawn.
But I knew at the outset the question must be for a "friend".
If it weren't for memes and your sesquipedalian:p verbosity, I don't believe you'd have much to post on here. I realize the challenge , which I must lose, thrown down here............
If you were to bestow your opinions regarding public lands (and the like, etc.) upon us, it would also help your point score stay on top.
Actually, a camp of you ,I , Sytes, and my dogs may be interesting. Not for my dogs...............

Pic/sesquipedalianism & whatnot....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152360342@N02/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back