Caribou Gear Tarp

Hunt Talker Hunt 2014

I think after the hunt I'm going to spend a day or two in Missoula looking around and checking out the place. I've never been to a brewery before, so I would definitely like to hit these places up. I foresee myself bringing back a bunch of different beers.

Last edited:
There is also Tamarack brewery.
Of the bunch I enjoy Big Sky. On occasion they host some pretty well known bands in the open field.

There's a couple breweries in Stevensville, and a couple in Hamilton if you felt like a drive up the Bitterroot. Good fish tacos and pizza at the two in Hamilton. mtmuley

I've gone to Kingfisher on occasion. They're right off the freeway. Probably one of the reasons I stop there. They're die hard fly fishing guys and I like my spin rod 'n reel just as much as my fly rod. Most of the time though I go to Sportsmans Warehouse. they have a constantly updated board on fishing activity at all the major areas. The guys working the fishing department are typically local fly fishing gurus.

Awesome...thanks!! I googled Missoula fly shops and it came up with a bunch, but a whole lot of guides and outfitters too. I'd rather have a local guy's opinion

Guys, I'm interested but it depends on finances in May (gotta move 2 weeks before that). You big manly men will make sure I don't get eaten by a grizzly right?

I'll be bringing a 2 burner stove and possibly a camp chef oven. I was also planning on bringing some red chili and green chili to share with everyone.

Turkey tags are reasonable for NR and I was thinking about picking one up to give it a try a couple of mornings. I've got 2 Rios, so a Merriams would be awesome.

Also to note:

Boone & Crockett HQ and RMEF have their home in the best city of Montana.

If I happen to luck out and get a bear...is there a taxidermist in the area that you guys would recommend to take care of my hide and rug it for me and then ship it to me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back