Hunt Talker Hunt 2014

Randy11
Yes she was a small sow. Couldn't pass her with that color and the white patch. Only bear I've shot with the white chest.

Can I just go to wal mart and buy my tag when I get there as long as I have my bear test with me? Is there any way to buy it online ahead of time?

Last edited:
Can I just go to wal mart and buy my tag when I get there as long as I have my bear test with me? Is there any way to buy it online ahead of time?

https://app.mt.gov/als/index/index.html

added:
RESIDENTS / NONRESIDENTS:

•If you were born after January 1, 1985, you are required to show proof of completing a Montana hunter safety and education course or an approved hunter safety course from any other state or province prior to applying for or purchasing a hunting license, whether the hunting license is for the rifle or archery season.
•All first time bow and arrow license purchasers must enter their bowhunter education certificate number (NBEF) or a previous years archery license number from any state or province.
•Licenses purchased online (except for those identified on the previous page) must be printed from your home printer. Licenses in your physical possession are valid for immediate use.
•If you need to purchase licenses for yourself and immediate family member(s), you must do so in separate transactions and provide the appropriate identification required for each individual.
•If you intend to purchase a black bear license for the first time, you need to have passed the FWP Bear Identification test.
•Nonresidents who do not have an ALS number established and are purchasing a conservation license for the first time must be prepared to provide the last 4 digits of their social security number per Montana Code Annotated to comply with the Federal Welfare Reform Law.

Last edited:
If not available for sale now, they'll be available in the spring when the system is fully online for fall hunt applications and the 2014 spring season. You'll have plenty of time to grab one.

Back when it first came up I was all for it, but now we're going back to Alaska and HOPING to go out to the Grand Canyon this summer. Looks like my vacation time is spoken for.

Jryoung, I'm not sure I'm in your Google group or not. I thought I sent you a PM. I'm planning on trying to make it to provide some support if I can make my schedule work out.

How abot giving prizes for whoever kills the biggest bear? We could call it a bear derby... to soon?

In all reality I sent a PM so I don't know the location yet but if it were close enough I could hunt Idaho and still camp in MT it would save me the out of state tag fee. My biggest hang up will probably be Mothers Day but I will at least try to show up for a night if its close enough to home.

6 speed, send me a PM again with your, it looks like I did miss a few guys.

That said, it's looking like we'll be NE of Missoula, too far from ID, but you're certainly welcome to come camp and help out Cushman!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back