Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hunt Talker Hunt 2014

Cushman, Game Trails Taxidermy in Florence. You wouldn't be disappointed. I can show you some of his work if you happen to need his services. mtmuley

Turkey tags are reasonable for NR and I was thinking about picking one up to give it a try a couple of mornings. I've got 2 Rios, so a Merriams would be awesome.

I'm trying to focus on bears but I love me some thunderchicken...especially since most agree bear hunting is an afternoon gig.

Not sure I have room for my decoys though.

I am interested if I can find someone to share expenses. With me. I live by Siren Wisconsin and have the camping equipment necessary. Also can an ATV be used or not. How about a 14 ft trailer converted to stay in it is very comfortable. Please pm me if anybody is interested. John

I am interested if I can find someone to share expenses. With me. I live by Siren Wisconsin and have the camping equipment necessary. Also can an ATV be used or not. How about a 14 ft trailer converted to stay in it is very comfortable. Please pm me if anybody is interested. John

An ATV can be used on any Forest Service road that is open to vehicle travel. In the area we will be hunting there are very few if any trails open to ATV use. They can be handy during spring bear season when trying to get past snow drifts on the road that a truck may not be able to get through.

jryoung - PM sent for Google Group

If a guy was gonna make a full week out of it, which week would you seasoned bear hunters recommend - the week before Mother's Day or the week after?

From what I've gathered from the discussions with the guys going on the hunt...it's all going to depend on the snow pack...I think (I'm a newb at bear hunting)

Just me personally, but I do a lot better the second half of May. I'd rather hunt the later week.

If this winter keeps up we're going to have tons of truck access, snowpack's almost non existent right now.

What would a good choice of rifle be for the bear hunt? My 30-06 shoots very well and I'm comfortable with it out to a good distance. But, I'm sort of leaning towards my .300 win mag since I don't like the idea of walking up on a wounded bear and having it try to kill me.

A buddy of mine brought me down some Moose Drool that he found in a liquor store in Denver. I'm not usually a dark beer guy, but this stuff isn't too bad. It's got kind of a funky after taste, but I can see myself drinking too much of it :D

I told ya it was good. I'm not big on dark beers either, but Moose Drool is a weakness. mtmuley

Back