Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

Yeah I ran 3 50k in 13 months and everything was fine until that last race. I got hurt, but didn’t stop, finished DFL. But I was left with severe nerve pain until October of 22 (11 months later). Which sucked bc i was loving trail ultras, was in the best shape of my life and then boom! All over. Couldn’t feel most of my left leg at times 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
Eek. I've been enjoying getting back into running this Spring. I'm up to 3 mile runs and that feels pretty good. I think I have the cardio-vascular ability to run longer distances, but no way would my muscles and joints take 50k, even with the low-impact style of running I use. Of course, I'm 47 and weigh more than a few stone... In any case, I feel like I'm getting good exercise and I'm not injuring myself (so far) and I do really enjoy running.

Looks like @DouglasR and @MT Rookie aka OR Chris are going to have a shirtless contest on this thread.

all jokes aside, you're crushing it for 54. dang

Thanks man ! It’s been around a 2 year process to get here , and because Crossfit I knew what kind of body it could build if you just get halfway disciplined with your diet so at the beginning of this year, I quit eating all junk food , soda, bread, five days a week I eat only , meat , veggies and fruit , potatoes, rice, etc . On my non workout days , I’ll cheat diet wise , I’ll go out to dinner with the wife and just eat whatever because I still wanna enjoy the good stuff. And then beer and alcohol generally also drink only on my non-workout days so I don’t get overly dehydrated. And that diet plan seems to work good for me.

When somebody asked me earlier this year why I was you know pushing so hard , my reply was im 50 I don’t have free days to give away any more like I did was in my 20s and 30s. Because I know that time is catching up to me and there’s a point when I’m not gonna be able to do this anymore.

Finally feel ready to contribute here again. I've been lifting again for 8 weeks now and added in a couple three mile walks last week. Current schedule is lifting Monday (focus on deadlifts and overhead press), Wednesday (focus on bench), and Friday (focus on squats) and walking Tuesday and Thursday. I really eased into it to keep myself healthy and my wife and kids happy. I've been adding weight and/or reps every workout.

Plus I've been doing a rough intermittent fasting plan with a 6-8 hour eating window staring around noon. I'm not counting calories or macros yet, but I've been focusing on eating less and better quality overall.

I've lost about 10lbs putting me about 265. I have a chiropractor appointment to keep on eye on things and make sure I'm good to keep on. But I feel great thankfully.

The inspiration to get my butt back in gear was a couple buddies challenging me to do an obstacle course 5k. We signed up and I got to work. Unfortunately that race send it up getting canceled so we're planning a hike here in the Smokies instead.

anyone on here doing MtnTough?
I've done parts from the 30-30 program and some others and their program is really good. It is kind of hard on the joints or it was for me anyways. I usually mix in crossfit, beachbody (my wife has a membership), run, hike and do workouts from mtntough. The military pack test is a good workout to test your mental strength as I have done it a couple of times and it broke me off for sure.

I'd like to ride the YZ250 woods beast at least once a week. Averaging every other week so far this year, but have had lots of travel. It provides everything I need to stay in shape for hunting, burning over 1000 calories on each ride, wearing a 30 pound pack. Adding walks, bike rides, and calisthenics three times a week makes it even better, especially the cardio.

Screenshot_20230617_122443_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like mainly upper body workouts for 8 weeks or so. And single left leg workouts. My other achilles thought it would be good to start over 🤷‍♂️. I knew it was a possibility as most guys I talked to that did one ended up doing both eventually. 4 yrs later for me. Good thing no big tags this fall. I have permission on a small chunk of private land with a decent chance at elk and packout assistance. It will still be rough hiking in Oct based on prior experience. It does ruin all of my fishing plans for the next 6-8 weeks or so.

Rupture is about in line with ankle bone. Arrow is just pointing to a weird indent at calf attachment.

IMG_20230617_192831.jpg

Looks like mainly upper body workouts for 8 weeks or so. And single left leg workouts. My other achilles thought it would be good to start over 🤷‍♂️. I knew it was a possibility as most guys I talked to that did one ended up doing both eventually. 4 yrs later for me. Good thing no big tags this fall. I have permission on a small chunk of private land with a decent chance at elk and packout assistance. It will still be rough hiking in Oct based on prior experience. It does ruin all of my fishing plans for the next 6-8 weeks or so.

Rupture is about in line with ankle bone. Arrow is just pointing to a weird indent at calf attachment.

View attachment 280365
Well that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

I've been avoiding this thread... but 9 months of a pregnant wife followed by 9 months of baby raising has made me feel rather unathletic and squishy around the midsection. I'd like to be carrying around 20-30 less pounds by the time mid-September arrives. Father's day weekend brought grilled meats and beer but I've got to start somewhere.

Looking at the scale reading 230.2 as we speak and the goal is to be under 205. You folks can keep me accountable for when the fat kid food and IPA cravings start to set in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back