Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

Sounds like that will be a good addition to shoulder and back day too. I don't really have a dedicated leg day I just try to include a 5 set high rep leg excersice into every one of my workouts. I alternate light Weighted squats, step ups, Weighted lunges, and jump rope into my bicep & core, tri & chest, and shoulder & back splits.

This was today’s workout.

Do squats, teapots (with 45 lb KB), row sprints all consecutively, then 30 sec rest. Repeat for four sets, then go to step ups, lunges, pull aparts. Do all three consecutively then 30 sec rest. Repeat for four sets.

It’s an ass kicker. I’ve worked up to 195 on the squats. Goal is 225 by September.
70828937747__E3EFB1B3-FE18-46D0-85A6-C393D70803D3.jpeg

This was today’s workout.

Do squats, teapots (with 45 lb KB), row sprints all consecutively, then 30 sec rest. Repeat for four sets, then go to step ups, lunges, pull aparts. Do all three consecutively then 30 sec rest. Repeat for four sets.

It’s an ass kicker. I’ve worked up to 195 on the squats. Goal is 225 by September.
View attachment 279683
home gym? I literally only have a sand bag and some random rocks. We're all "Rocky" here in the canyon, minus the music and results.

Today’s attempt at fitness resulted in a blood sacrifice to the House of Gains.

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 reps for time of each:

Pullups
Dips
70 lb overhead KB swings

The old adage of you can’t outwork a poor diet is basically my autobiography. But I keep trying.

View attachment 279830
Man you got to take that ring off when lifting like that. You trying to lose a finger? Get yourself a silicone one for working out

I’ve been doing CrossFit here in town 4-5 days a week on average,
Since last Aug .I also started doing CrossFit my last year in Oregon before moving to Montana, I’ve lost 4 percent body fat and have put on at least 4 lbs of muscle in the last 6 months , I’m doing another body scan at the gym to track my progress July 6th
I also take GNC protein powder, to make sure I’m getting over 100 grams of protein 5 days a week

I like CrossFit because they have a great program, I don’t have the knowledge to build a body correctly or the motivation to workout solo , CrossFit has a great community and is very supportive, so when working out with lots of people helps ya push through the grind . I’ve even competed in a CrossFit competition this year , the workouts and done in an hour and they get you in great shape , I’ll be 54 in just over 2 months , and I’m built like I’m in my early 30’s

I put myself through this pain , so I can hunt anywhere I want with the idea I can hunt as hard as I want into my 60’s and be above average in my ability as an older man and if I hike in somewhere solo , and I dump something I don’t ever have to think about can I get it out , I know I’m ready for whatever, and on the positive side the old man still looks great in his jeans

We run , row , bike , kettlebell, dumbell, box jump , wall ball, pull up , push up , sit up , front squat , back squat , rope climb , etc etc

70837109287__2A4A9A82-BD9E-41FB-9321-FA6CDF92AAD4.jpegIMG_2807.jpegIMG_2724.jpegIMG_2991.jpegIMG_2843.jpeg

Here’s todays suckage
IMG_3364.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been doing CrossFit here in town 4-5 days a week on average,
Since last Aug .I also started doing CrossFit my last year in Oregon before moving to Montana, I’ve lost 4 percent body fat and have put on at least 4 lbs of muscle in the last 6 months , I’m doing another body scan at the gym to track my progress July 6th
I also take GNC protein powder, to make sure I’m getting over 100 grams of protein 5 days a week

I like CrossFit because they have a great program, I don’t have the knowledge to build a body correctly or the motivation to workout solo , CrossFit has a great community and is very supportive, so when working out with lots of people helps ya push through the grind . I’ve even competed in a CrossFit competition this year , the workouts and done in an hour and they get you in great shape , I’ll be 54 in just over 2 months , and I’m built like I’m in my early 30’s

I put myself through this pain , so I can hunt anywhere I want with the idea I can hunt as hard as I want into my 60’s and be above average in my ability as an older man and if I hike in somewhere solo , and I dump something I don’t ever have to think about can I get it out , I know I’m ready for whatever, and on the positive side the old man still looks great in his jeans

We run , row , bike , kettlebell, dumbell, box jump , wall ball, pull up , push up , sit up , front squat , back squat , rope climb , etc etc

View attachment 280014View attachment 280017View attachment 280018View attachment 280015View attachment 280016

Here’s todays suckage
View attachment 280021
Looks like @DouglasR and @MT Rookie aka OR Chris are going to have a shirtless contest on this thread.

all jokes aside, you're crushing it for 54. dang

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back