Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

12hr mtb endurance race at Kinsey park in Peoria, Il tomorrow.
If you can make Champaign by a descent time tonight, I can drive the rest of the way.
I’ve got an Airbnb, and a Kona process 134 you can borrow if you want to come rep your city, mountain man.
Got a campsite on the Il river I haven’t cancelled the reservation for yet if you really want to show us how tough you are, Wenatchee wonder.
Lol sorry got my 20 yr reunion this weekend. Go home and tip a few back with the townies

Last edited:
Animals aren’t scared of tractors. Just shoot them off of your lawn mower.
Guess you haven't seen our ground squirrels in action. Scared of their shadow but will stand up if you wait long enough. Shotguns are preferred but every now and then you have to boost your heart rate when you find one stupid enough to forget where the hole was.

Oh yeah, who needs a lawnmower when the grass has been dead for a month?

Guess you haven't seen our ground squirrels in action. Scared of their shadow but will stand up if you wait long enough. Shotguns are preferred but every now and then you have to boost your heart rate when you find one stupid enough to forget where the hole was.

Oh yeah, who needs a lawnmower when the grass has been dead for a month?
I just caught a ground squirrel by hand. But it was in my rattlesnakes cage. I should have taken a video.

I took an unplanned full week off- had a great run last week Friday, then helped run a three day swim meet. I spent close to 30 hours over the weekend on my feet and took the week off to catch up on work stuff, home stuff, and honestly just recover a bit.

I got out today, and was pleasantly surprised. This is a weak run compared to some of the animals on here, but for where I am fitness-wise it’s pretty decent all things considered. It was time for a little break anyway and I’m glad I wound up taking it.

One thing to add: drawing a tag is always a nice bit of extra motivation to get up and out of the house.

315F65A2-CCF1-466D-BB3B-44E422C1B169.jpeg

Ha I know right? I’m not sure that’s real accurate, but it’s obviously pretty flat.

Ironic part is I ran literally right along the biggest “hill” within probably 50 miles (Niagara Escarpment, it’s what makes the Niagara Falls).

I did look at it, but my watch did not record that;)

No fancy apps or tracking. But I feel stronger than ever. Fencing, setting posts and installing solar wells and stock tanks all week and I can feel the difference. Mostly in that my shoulders don’t get tired from digging post holes and tamping 🤣 Still enjoying the weights and the results coming from adding those to my routine.

I’m also pleased to find there is no end to free at-home workout routines posted on Instagram. Everything from no equipment, kettlebells, dumbbells, resistance bands…you name it, it’s in there. That is super helpful for someone who gets bored easily. I can mix new ones in with my favorites every day and never run out of new things to try.

“We can see you rise every morning high over the mountain top
Thinking about you
Makes we more times happy and sometimes sad.”
#c-crew
Of course some long lank remote worker mf beat me, but I got an honorary mention and def cucked dome mtb nerds out.
View attachment 281240View attachment 281241

Tried to get 420 but they started at 500
Actual moving time was 11:56:42.
Had to kick the last lap in the ass.
Couldn’t have asked for a better race.
Very fun, flowey, easy trails.
2AF98459-E049-4554-A131-35F077ECF2FB.png

Man my whole spring plans went to heck in a hand basket
Started training abt March for this September Elk hunt and the last few Months went nuts complete man power issues with work went through 16 guys in less than 90 days got so far behind in work . I will never understand how 30 yr olds dont want to work any more . I have a small Construction business and was doing 12 hour days 7 days a week
Have things under control much better and started doing a mile 2 times a day on a stiff incline to get back at it, being 60 I dont know if I will be where I want to be for Sept but will hit it as hard as I can till then

“We can see you rise every morning high over the mountain top
Thinking about you
Makes we more times happy and sometimes sad.”
#c-crew
Of course some long lank remote worker mf beat me, but I got an honorary mention and def cucked dome mtb nerds out.
View attachment 281240View attachment 281241

Tried to get 420 but they started at 500
Sorry if I intimidated anyone with this post.
Yesterday after I made the post, the race director and her husband (the guy who beat me)(active and influential members of Peoria mtb association) came over to stroke me for my performance and after they’d finished, I was able to have a pretty good discussion with them about back country squirrel hunting and the new trails they’re trying to build in the hunting area at Kickapoo.
I doubt they really listened or cared, but they pretended to. 🤷‍♂️

Hope everyone had a fun and productive weekend!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montana WSF
Back