Hunt Scan - Scout With Yer Eyes Closed!

Judging by the Busch League website skills I don’t think we have a whole lot to worry about here.

Cool tech, but I don’t think it’s a huge game changer either

Judging by the Busch League website skills I don’t think we have a whole lot to worry about here.

What if have the app open on your drone? Program the drones to fly grids, have the video camera record once a animal is found.

I definitely can’t see mossback flying a small army of drones all summer :rolleyes:

They definitely should've invested in web dev, but the point I am trying to make is Friendster preceded Myspace, which preceded Facebook.

The concept is out there. Other object detection and proprietary machine learning programs will come along under different companies. I do not believe the cat is going back into the bag.

Whether these guys get more sophisticated or someone else comes along and markets the tech in a better way, this is defiantly a huge game changer. There will always be a small faction that will get the ball rolling on new technology. When tags are bought and sold for hundreds of thousands, spending on tech like this is not much of a leap. Before long the product gets better, the price gets cheaper and before you know it kuiu is on version 2.0 of your hunt scan drone chest pouch.

What if have the app open on your drone? Program the drones to fly grids, have the video camera record once a animal is found.

I definitely can’t see mossback flying a small army of drones all summer :rolleyes:
I had a guy tell me this year that there's ranches in Texas that utilize drones for hunting. Basically clients pay a "fee" and they utilize the drone technology to hunt right from there living room or office. The drones fly around feeders and what not if the client likes said critter they communicate that and the outfitter kills the critter (with the drone i guess) they go out collect it process it and send it directly to the successful hunters house. That's no shit........ no I'm not making this up either.

I just don't understand this. All that money just so a person can be lazy and shoot a giant? If that is the goal, just go to a high fence operation and save yourself some $.

DWR needs to address this and other technologies now. I think I have a project for the day.

I just don't understand this. All that money just so a person can be lazy and shoot a giant? If that is the goal, just go to a high fence operation and save yourself some $.

DWR needs to address this and other technologies now. I think I have a project for the day.
I agree, like the Texas operation described above, put a fence around it, feed em, and pick your animal remotely. Or let them have the remote or in person option.

I had a guy tell me this year that there's ranches in Texas that utilize drones for hunting. Basically clients pay a "fee" and they utilize the drone technology to hunt right from there living room or office. The drones fly around feeders and what not if the client likes said critter they communicate that and the outfitter kills the critter (with the drone i guess) they go out collect it process it and send it directly to the successful hunters house. That's no shit........ no I'm not making this up either.
Pretty sure private citizens can’t own drones with weapons capabilities. Which means that what you described is the big game equivalent of picking a lobster out of a tank, and having someone else cook it up for you. I cannot fathom the appeal of that (the drone “hunting,” not the lobsters).

Pretty sure private citizens can’t own drones with weapons capabilities. Which means that what you described is the big game equivalent of picking a lobster out of a tank, and having someone else cook it up for you. I cannot fathom the appeal of that (the drone “hunting,” not the lobsters).
I was in awe listening to this guy but I kinda thought the same thing about weaponized drones. It's Texas though partner and about anything goes down there.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back