Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

13.89 miles, 1:55

Fantastic pace! Nice job dude.

6 mile run and then my wife, youngest and I took a 3 mile walk down by the river trail. Awesome day.

Grilling now. My neighbor and I have this thing- when one of us is grilling, the other tries to give them a beer without getting caught in the act doing it. He got me this time!

IMG_7062.jpeg

6 miles on the roads today. Sucked. I can’t wait for this next week to dry things out on the trails I like to run.

Weight kind of been stuck right around 180, I would prefer about 10 lbs less.

Last edited:
The more I thought about it, the more unhappy I was with this mornings run…

I went to the pool and did my normal 2000 yard workout, which made me feel better about the day.

10k in two months, and kicking around a September marathon here in town if I don’t find myself with a bow/muzzy tag in hand. Definitely would prefer the tag, but wouldn’t mind running that one as a consolation prize.

So I get great blood results....and now I think I have a hernia....LOL
Video visit with oncologist manana and I'll tell him I'm heading to ER,get advice.

Don't get old and lift 86lb dobermans...LOL
Hank needs a ramp. Keep it up and you will, too! ;)

20240303_181203.jpg20240307_132138.jpg

Was doing really good and was down around 15lbs or so until this happened about 6 weeks backs or so. Haven't gotten on scale yet but I can feel it that I've gained that back at least. This week is my last week of physical therapy this week. Being back to work for the season at 60 hours is gonna make it a little tougher but hopefully start back in the next day or two here.

finally. just ran 2.25 miles of trail over lunch without my tibialis posterior feeling like it was gonna rip off my bone and shred apart. though, that doesn't mean it isn't still a little angry...

what great (and also pitiful) progress.

a physical therapist and carefully leaning back into the running is largely working.

super ready to run a 25 mile 5500' gain race in less than a month :oops:

Curious what you guys are wearing for running shoes. Im not a runner but would like to be. Luckily im not too out of shape, 5' 10", 190lbs, just never ran much. Any recommendations?

My feet arent in the best shape either, recovered from a tear in my second toe knuckle ligament on my right foot. Now I wear custom orthotics because I have very high arches. Hauling heavy pack outs over long distances and hard terrain messed my feet up. I can still do it, just spent a lot upgrading footwear.

Right now I just hit the weights lightly and hike/walk. Looking to up my intensity now that Im not dealing with injuries.

finally. just ran 2.25 miles of trail over lunch without my tibialis posterior feeling like it was gonna rip off my bone and shred apart. though, that doesn't mean it isn't still a little angry...

what great (and also pitiful) progress.

a physical therapist and carefully leaning back into the running is largely working.

super ready to run a 25 mile 5500' gain race in less than a month :oops:
we're going to do great. We are awesome. We are undertrained. But we are awesome ha

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brady1988
Back