Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

finally phoned and met with a PT to work on my tibia pain. plenty of small exercises for me to be doing daily to work on foot balance, foot plant, and nuanced leg strength and balance. those are my current micro goals.

can still run, but i've been wayyy dialed back on both intensity and duration due to these issues.

#*^@#* road running man. stupidest crap that humans have ever come up. one of the stupidest ways to exercise the body in an unnatural way that will almost always produce injury. especially when all the running you've ever done has been on single track.

i need to move closer to the foothills.

#*^@#* road running man.

Definitely agree. There is a time and place for me, and races are fun- but I am 75%+ on the trails these days.

My feet/knees feel so much better, not to mention it’s just way more interesting.

Definitely agree. There is a time and place for me, and races are fun- but I am 75%+ on the trails these days.

My feet/knees feel so much better, not to mention it’s just way more interesting.

in the past ten years all the running i've done in significant frequency and mileage has been basically single track higher grade trail and i've basically never dealt with running injury and i've done a lot of mileage on trails.

give me 3 days in a row of 3+ mile road runs and i'll be sidelined for a week from at least one or all of these: intense calf pain, shin splint, knee pain.

i mean for crying out loud i ran a trail half marathon about 1.5 years ago on basically zero training with no issues at all but i can't even do a 3 mile run around my neighborhood without having to stop and walk home halfway through because it feels like my tibia is about to break in half.

and maybe that's part of the primary issue, i never road run, never really have, so have never developed a proper gait for it.

IMO, trail running, especially mountain trail, inherently produces a natural gait because it's a natural, non monotonous, non flat surface. ergo, i would argue, a proper gait for road running is an unnatural gait.

Huh, I'm actually getting more into road running. Been doing a 10 miler every weekend, with a few more treadmill runs throughout the week. A bit more stretching and better shoes has helped

That’s awesome @neffa3, keep after it!

One thing I have noticed about running on the road is that it is very dependent on my weight- I can feel a 5lb gain on my feet when running on hard stuff, not so much on trails.

Been doing pretty good with consistently lifting so far this year. Still struggling to get my diet on track. Really wishing winter would just give up so I could get some good hikes in on many days off. Definitely don’t see results in my 40’s like I did a decade ago

in the past ten years all the running i've done in significant frequency and mileage has been basically single track higher grade trail and i've basically never dealt with running injury and i've done a lot of mileage on trails.

give me 3 days in a row of 3+ mile road runs and i'll be sidelined for a week from at least one or all of these: intense calf pain, shin splint, knee pain.

i mean for crying out loud i ran a trail half marathon about 1.5 years ago on basically zero training with no issues at all but i can't even do a 3 mile run around my neighborhood without having to stop and walk home halfway through because it feels like my tibia is about to break in half.

and maybe that's part of the primary issue, i never road run, never really have, so have never developed a proper gait for it.

IMO, trail running, especially mountain trail, inherently produces a natural gait because it's a natural, non monotonous, non flat surface. ergo, i would argue, a proper gait for road running is an unnatural gait.
the steep downhills on trails are much harder on me than anything on a road, esp my knees and hips.

Been doing pretty good with consistently lifting so far this year. Still struggling to get my diet on track. Really wishing winter would just give up so I could get some good hikes in on many days off. Definitely don’t see results in my 40’s like I did a decade ago
It’s harder and harder every year to bounce back from my winter weight.

Sooner or later I’ll figure out it’s easier to stay in shape than it is to get Back into shape.

Not sure I'm down any weight though I think my daily caloric and protein intake has improved. I was supposed to do 75 Hard but a blizzard on day 3 had me call BS on the 45-75 min of outdoor activity and by that, I mean I got bronchitis. I'm going to have totally rock hard abs after 10 days of coughing. Does that count as ab day?

I reduced my alcohol intake significantly after our pig shoot and I think I've had about 7 beers and no bourbon in like 2.5 weeks.

Once, I'm not wheezing I'll add a bit more cardio but strength training started back up after not specifically doing any of that in like 3 years. I am weak sauce but have lots of room to build and if I could breathe today, I probably could have done a lot better.
Squat: 345
Deadlift: 395
Strict press: 2x145
Bench: 235

My arms have always been my weakness...along with bourbon 😁

I got a rowing machine that I use 5 days a week and every day at work I’m doing 20 pushups before I go to the bathroom.

Been hitting the treadmill pretty hard here during this windy stretch we’re having.

….and the display is shot. Ordered the new console, hopefully back up and running next week. No pun intended.

Guess I’m doubling up on the KB workouts in the meantime.

Really making a point to layer on cardio throughout the week. In addition to my 5x lifting schedule I notched 8 miles of trail running across 3 sessions, a 30 minute spin session, and a Pilates session this week.

Scale has been stuck for quite some time, but feeling good with where I’m at physically. Just have to keep after it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back