HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

• Thread starter Deleted member 52098
  • Start date
Well Dry(ish) January didn't really work for me. Seems like 5-6 days of no drinks resulted in having too many drinks 1 night a week trying to catch up with the local bums which probably wouldn't have happened had I completely cut booze completely or never tried to participate. I did find that a few N/A beers that were ok. Admittedly they're all overpriced and have a distinct sadness to them.

6 HuntTalkers are on our way to TX this weekend for some lazy pig shooting and there's already too much food and booze for the short trip. It'll be top shelf bourbon and smoked meats. I'll be solo in Dallas for a night so I'm sure I'll be able to sniff out something nice at a well stocked store.

Upon return, I've been challenged to do the 75 Hard and my gym is now offering a power lifting course. Having someone to commiserate with may just be what I need to restart. Spartan Race Super in June so I probably should start jogging again.

dry january is going fantastic for me.... still doing it for whatever reason.

just firmly in that stage now where drinking is just not that enticing, like at all. i've been planning to get low key hammered during the super bowl, but.... we'll see, may not even have a drink.

dry january is going fantastic for me.... still doing it for whatever reason.

just firmly in that stage now where drinking is just not that enticing, like at all. i've been planning to get low key hammered during the super bowl, but.... we'll see, may not even have a drink.
stick with it. I’m loving it. Miss whiskey… but not more than I love how fast I recover from a hard workout

i'm having to sideline myself from running because shin splints are flaring on my left leg. it pisses me off to no end. i can go run a half trail marathon after barely training and not have an issue, but run three miles two days in a row on pavement or treadmill and i can't walk.

if pavement training is basically my only option i think i need to go see a sports therapist to continue. but then i swear, after they adjust my gait to be able to run roads i'll go try and run trail and start having problems.

Excellent job dude, that’s getting off to a good start!

1700 yds in the pool today- a mile and a victory lap. Felt awesome and I feel awesome- nothing beats the zen feeling after swimming is over, my body feels like it got a massage. I had forgot about that part.

*and I know 1650 isn’t technically a mile. For some reason, in the pool it is. I don’t make the rules.

Excellent job dude, that’s getting off to a good start!

1700 yds in the pool today- a mile and a victory lap. Felt awesome and I feel awesome- nothing beats the zen feeling after swimming is over, my body feels like it got a massage. I had forgot about that part.

*and I know 1650 isn’t technically a mile. For some reason, in the pool it is. I don’t make the rules.
Thats pretty amazing. Ive never been a strong swimmer, I couldnt imagine swimming a mile. How many calories does that burn off? I bet you are starving a few hours after. Heck of a workout!

How many calories does that burn off?

I was wondering that too. I bet it wasn’t that much honestly, just plowing slow freestyle doesn’t really spike HR that much. Maybe 500?

I would probably be starving if I didn’t just eat like a bear at the dump right before I went😉

I was wondering that too. I bet it wasn’t that much honestly, just plowing slow freestyle doesn’t really spike HR that much. Maybe 500?

I would probably be starving if I didn’t just eat like a bear at the dump right before I went😉
Haha!
Better than running. Running usually burns about 120-130 calories at my size.

This thread really illustrates most people's struggle with moderation and discipline.

It's either do nothing or train like a high level recreational athlete, no alcohol or drink all the time, "clean food" or the "see food" diet.

It actually takes more discipline to build slowly over time in training, a drink here or there and have a really good diet with some occasional dalliances.

No one can sustain it and it's the main reason that someone loses 40 lbs only to gain back 50 and does it several times in a lifetime. Work on slowly changing the discipline and habits first and you'll get where you want to go, it will just be slow but it will last.

Man... running on a treadmill sucks. @Wyhunter is definitely out running me. I just can't log that much time staring at my garage door.

my modest 100 pushups/day is going surprisingly well. I went from doing the vast majority in sets of 10 staggered all day, to being able to knock them all out in under 10 min.

Between the two I've added a fair bit of muscle and still managed to lose a couple of pounds, which I didn't really need or expect. My wife won't lower herself to actually complimenting me, but a couple other buddy's wives have, so that's nice... LOL

just for fun i'll share this. my wife and i have a tradition of going to texas roadhouse for valentines day, just a fun thing we started while we were dating due to how lame we thought it was to get fancy reservations and eat tiny portioned meals with our pinky's out. we decided to do it a week early this time to avoid the valentines day rush.

i went hard, it was a cheat meal for me and i held no punches. first drink in 38 days too. i actually walked away feeling like i probably could've eaten more. the rolls are what get ya.

ignore the goals, i don't have goals, those just must be leftover when i first started playing with this app like 7 years ago.

1707410759916.png

Man... running on a treadmill sucks. @Wyhunter is definitely out running me. I just can't log that much time staring at my garage door.

my modest 100 pushups/day is going surprisingly well. I went from doing the vast majority in sets of 10 staggered all day, to being able to knock them all out in under 10 min.

Between the two I've added a fair bit of muscle and still managed to lose a couple of pounds, which I didn't really need or expect. My wife won't lower herself to actually complimenting me, but a couple other buddy's wives have, so that's nice... LOL
I have to run in speed intervals to keep from getting bored. I usually do 3 mins each 5.5/6.0/6.5/7.0 and repeat. Breaks the time down pretty quick.
Keep up the good work!!

Back