HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

Last year’s goal was bench 1x body weight, squat 1.5x body weight, dead lift 2x body weight for a 1 rep max.

This year it’s the same, but as a 5 rep set. I hit 228 on the scale this morning. Here we go!
When will your fitness app be released to the public? And if not at app, will there at least be YT videos of these workouts?

4 weeks post op from TKR today. Working hard on recovery, then plan to hit the gym. As of this coming Friday will be retired. The goal I've set is to be in the best physical shape I've ever been in on my 55th birthday in August.
Retired at 55? thats impressive, good for you!

Reactions: BRI
May as well hop on the bandwagon here so I can hold myself accountable. Last few years have been a struggle dealing with injuries - tendinosis in both achilles, torn toe ligament, and a badly thrown out back. Still have the tendinosis but it can be fixed by carefully working out. Still didnt stop me from putting in close to 1000 miles of mountain hunting.

My highest weight was 220lbs and i dropped 30 pounds in a month before doing weights, HIIT exercises, and eating right. I definitely know my goals are possible.

Current weight: 195
Goal:180

Workout goals - run between 1-5 miles, will see how my achilles holds up. Squat bench deadlift row press 2-3x a week, light to moderate weights, more reps. Hike and walk weekly. Since I live in the mountains, that part of training is easy.

Diet goals - cutting out sugar and alcohol. That may be hard but I can do it. I dont have a problem, but I havent gone a year without drinking since I was 16. Once Im off sugar Ill be fine after a few weeks. Biggest diet thing I do is portion control, with a focus on unprocessed foods. No fads, not rocket science.

Good luck to everyone and your own goals! Will check in along the road.

So I started the year getting in a 2 mile run to the mailbox and back at the house with the dogs yesterday. 11:24 per mile pace.

Just over 6 years ago I had my PR marathon at a 7:23 per mile pace and less than 5 years ago I ran the Boston Marathon at a 7:54 pace.

It is amazing how quickly you can get out of shape and how hard it is to get back in shape once you lose it.

I figured I'd start with a podcast first. Maybe get CamiCam Juice and that sawed off runt Stanton on, since neither can even spell leg-day, could be a fun conversation.
First the podcast, then the supplements, then the "training apparel"......

Got diagnosed with fairly advanced prostate cancer in late 2022 (get checked, fellas - "paging Dr. Tinyfingers") and had surgery Spring 2023. Some post-op complications kept me bedridden for a long time and then I had an attitude problem I just could not get on top of. Had a tough time even pulling my bow more than 5 times in a practice session - would shoot a hundred arrows easy each practice in 2021.

My body was the weakest link in my archery elk hunt (tag soup and lots of leftovers) last September. I can't abide that. Won't have it. I have dropped close to 20 lbs since the bedrest ended but need to gain the strength back. It's going to be tough because I just don't seem to be building muscle and my endurance is shit. Attitude needs to be "fake it til I make it" just until I can get on top of things again. Elk won't chase me (I've tried) and I'm not done chasing them.

I don't really have a plan. Reintroduce myself to my elliptical machine. Did 30 minutes yesterday, but not gonna lie: I coulda easily done 12 minutes. 🤣 Revisit my gym's Pec fly machine. Going to start slow with 25 pushups and situps a day, increasing by 25 as I can. Worked my way to 450/day decades ago. If I can reach 25% of that, it's a success.

What are peoples go to protein powders? Preferably that mix well with just water and don’t have a bunch of crap in it.

I’m woefully under proteined for the day and I think I need to supplement some in liquid form

What are peoples go to protein powders? Preferably that mix well with just water and don’t have a bunch of crap in it.

I’m woefully under proteined for the day and I think I need to supplement some in liquid form

i'm anti protein powder and supplements in general.

but this is the way to go IMO:

it's not exactly a complete amino profile, but neither are nuts or beans. regardless, i still view consuming protein not as real food as a generally poor route to go anyway.

my preferences for supplementing my day with extra protein is a smoothie of whole milk, banana, and peanut butter or almond butter and often a little raw honey; munch on cashews; or a can of bone-in sardines.

Last edited:

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey from Costco. I do one scoop of the extreme milk chocolate with water. Hated the vanilla.

I use Gold Standard protein from Costco. Works well for me. Makes it easier to hit 200g protein well keeping total calories in line.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back