PEAX Equipment

HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

I turn 40 in October and have been out of the USMC for 11 years. My body is pretty banged up but still workout pretty regularly. My knees/back cant handle a marathon or ultra run, but 12-15 miles per week is reasonable. Id really like to get back to my combat weight of 185-190. Sitting in the 220-225 range now. Proper nutrition is the hardest part... ive got a mean sweet tooth.

Don't cross it off. Just change it to a trail marathon. They have SNACKS at aid stations and hiking is not frowned upon. Road running can be rough because everyone is in a hurry to get done.

You’re also allowed to brag to everyone that trail marathons are harder while openly admitting to having hiked 30% or more of it.

The trail 25 miler I did had bacon and Mountain Dew at the aid stations.

Get down to 220 or less. Currently floating around 230. Would love to increase my muscle mass more over this year. Get back into squatting in the 400's consistently and i will get my bench to 405 this year no matter what. I dont use the scale alot anymore it can become a toxic habit for me. I was high 220s here in November which is the lowest I've been since high school. I more so go on how my body feels. Cardio in the mornings with high incline walks have been my go-to. I can tell my body is in better shape today than ever before. Started at 18% at 2.5 MPH now up to 4-4.3 MPH on a given day. My working heart rate has dropped a good amount. When i started this in July i was 170-190 BPM range i am now if i am really pushing it maybe break 150.

Cardio 4-6 days a week, weights 5-6 days is my current plan. I will track my food and portions alot more this year to get serious about it. Just bought a scale that sync to your phone. Scan the barcode of the food or search on your phone weigh the food on the scale and itll spit out all the nutrition facts back to your phone and logs it. I quit drinking in August. Was not hard for me to give it up. Hardest part is thats what most of my friends still do, so its been a transition to do most things alone lately.

175 and steady. Building muscle.
Feel better than I have in years.
Time to get stuff done on the ranch. When it warms up some.
I can carry a full cooler and a armload of wood easy again.
I picked up Rio last week. He weighs 81 lbs.
So far so good.

In MT, with property to take dogs for walks, pounding t-posts, replacing half round rails, dropping trees to break down to quarters stacked, etc... I held @220.
Now, stuck in foreign metro suburbia, I need to figure how to re-engage.
What a PITA! A gym is not in my wheelhouse. I need a work purpose that satisfies work performed and have yet to find it.

Funny deal, I toured a gym down two freeway exists from mine. Good equipment but my flipping God! There are some royally arrogant sausages with legs!

In my 10 minute walk, three sausages standing in front of full mirrors snapping selfies!

Still trying to acclimate to this new "temporary" lifestyle though @250, 6'01 with the beginnings of man boobs!
I've cut carbs to a minimum, eat salmon, etc. I'm a chip fiend yet not touched a chip in a few months now. Thankfully I'm not a sweet tooth person. Been holding @250 not risen though not dropping either! Haha!

Have to get my PT act together.

I hit my upper limit of 220lbs on December 8th, so I pulled the ripcord and did a cycle of HcG this month. I'm down to 206 as of today and need to transition into exercise mode for the new year. My goal is to stay between 200-205.
I’m curious, what’s a cycle of HcG?

I’m curious, what’s a cycle of HcG?
Human chorionic gonadotropin, basically its a pregnancy hormone which has many other uses including weight loss. In short, our program in our office is 3 or 6 week cycles, the first two days are "loading days" where you eat as much as you can, to turn your brain into feast mode, then cut calories to 500-700 per day.

In the 14lbs I lost only 1lb was muscle, the rest was fat which is pretty typical. More than just weightloss it gives/forces me to clean up my diet and get into a better diet after I've gone off the rails for a bit.

I’ll be turning 40 in August. I’d like to increase flexibility and range of motion, maintain or build muscle strength, and lower body fat %. I’m not to worried about weight, but secretly would like to get under 200lbs. Even with muscle mass carrying over 200 lbs is not going to get easier as I get old. I’m around 207 most days.

The plan is to lift lightweights 3 times a week with full body exercises, stretch daily, and walk a lot more. I’ll continue to eat whole 1 or 2 ingredient foods most of the time and maybe cut back (not cut out 😂) on beer.

I’d also like to improve mentally by periodically getting off of social media, silent meditation, and doing things that are uncomfortable like cold showers or plunges.
Not for nothing but I got off social media a few years back. It was a real positive game changer, I was surprised. And by social media, for me it was Facebook. Hunttalk and other hunting websites I just consider an optty to keep thinking about hunting and fishing, so not off my list. Good luck with all your training!

Not for nothing but I got off social media a few years back. It was a real positive game changer, I was surprised. And by social media, for me it was Facebook. Hunttalk and other hunting websites I just consider an optty to keep thinking about hunting and fishing, so not off my list. Good luck with all your training!
I haven’t been on my personal Facebook for a couple years. I was still taking care of the works Social accounts, but now I don’t do that either. Occasionally my wife will show me a Snapchat or Facebook post and I’ve never been happier to not be a part of that. I do look at but I don’t post to instagram almost everyday. I took a long break from it a few years ago. Honestly seeing the influencers made me depressed because I thought they were normal everyday people hunting, fishing, having fun every day. Now I realize they are just d-bags mostly and find it a comedic relief what some people post.

Every now and then I'll get tired of peoples nonsense and log out of the Facebook and Instagram apps for a while. I've found I particularly like to do this around big holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. It keeps me more focused on family and close friends and the meanings of the seasons.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back