Hoyt supports SFW/BGF!

From the 'Contact Us' portion of Hoyt's website:

HOYT
593 North Wright Brothers Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84116

Phone: (801) 363-2990
Fax: (801) 537-1470

Anyone surprised?

I will keep right on shooting my Carbon Element. If we boycotted everything that someone else opposed then we would boycott everything. I am not a member of SFW.BGF, the RMEF, MBA but I am friends with a lot of people who are and each has their own opinion on what the organization represents. Just cause a bunch don't like what some Org. does there are a bunch who likes it or it wouldn't exist, LET"S GET OVER THE F&^KING POLITCAL BULL*&%T and just enjoy hunting. This BS of bringing up boycotting is getting old, you know as well as I do that there are just as many for SFW/BGF as against it. I for one don't care for them that is why I don't belong to org. I myself don't like the MBA but I don't run around and say lets boycott every company that likes them ( that would be ridiculous). I will continue buying Hoyt Products because I like them over the rest. Just my opinion of course.

Good idea. Someone once said: "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything".

Live life through your convictions. I don't shop from corrupt people, nor do any business with them.

you are absolutely correct SS. if it wasn't for this site, would never had heard about either of these org.'s. out of curiousity, since you "stand for something", how many petitions did you sign for us back here in illinois when we were trying to get our CCW's? none? had nothing to do with you? interesting.

"I will keep right on shooting my Carbon Element. If we boycotted everything that someone else opposed then we would boycott everything. I am not a member of SFW.BGF, the RMEF, MBA but I am friends with a lot of people who are and each has their own opinion on what the organization represents. Just cause a bunch don't like what some Org. does there are a bunch who likes it or it wouldn't exist, LET"S GET OVER THE F&^KING POLITCAL BULL*&%T and just enjoy hunting. This BS of bringing up boycotting is getting old, you know as well as I do that there are just as many for SFW/BGF as against it. I for one don't care for them that is why I don't belong to org. I myself don't like the MBA but I don't run around and say lets boycott every company that likes them ( that would be ridiculous). I will continue buying Hoyt Products because I like them over the rest. Just my opinion of course."

+1.

This summer one of the interns at our veterinary practice stated: "you have monkey arms" and now I have learned a second item this summer... "I am bowuppity". I am never too old to stop learning.

good luck to all
the dog

This case kinda reminds me of a similar case a few years ago.

"Yellowtail Wines" donated a large sum of money to the HSUS (humane society of the United States)organization. Word spread and the agricultural community "facebooked" and wrote many letters. The end result was that Yellowtail acknowledged that they did not "truly" realize what the HSUS advocated. Yellowtail would look into future donations to cases more closely and apologized. May not be the best result, however, the ag. community made it's voice heard.

good luck to all
the dog

This case kinda reminds me of a similar case a few years ago.

"Yellowtail Wines" donated a large sum of money to the HSUS (humane society of the United States)organization. Word spread and the agricultural community "facebooked" and wrote many letters. The end result was that Yellowtail acknowledged that they did not "truly" realize what the HSUS advocated. Yellowtail would look into future donations to cases more closely and apologized. May not be the best result, however, the ag. community made it's voice heard.

good luck to all
the dog

Pretty dang good analogy. I don't know anything about this guy or what he and his company ''Really'' believe but it could be as simple as he looked at BGF's membership numbers and wanted to do a little ''Marketing''.
TLC, I for one wouldn't call for a boycott of Hoyt for this,but knowledge is power. If next time I'm buying a bow and I'm conflicted over which to buy'' This little nugget'' of info might help make my decision easier.;)

My brother saw me call out BGF on Facebook and asked about them. Not knowing anything about them he said he couldn't find anything on their webpage that he disagrees with though he takes everything with a grain of salt when reading about self promotion. So he did a good search and couldn't easily come up with anything there.

To me there needs to be better sources of information that people can go to and see the issues with them. There is lots of information out there, but it is so fragmented and all over the place it is hard for someone to get a good understanding in 5 minutes.

spook, as I said, had never heard of these org's until I read about them here. not a lot of dealings here in the midwest with them. but for someone to call for a boycott, or suggest it, without doing the same thing all over the country, for what those people in other areas of the country feel is important, is crazy.

I have done a fair amount of research on SFW/BGF and believe that they are not to be trusted. Everything they say and, supposedly do, must be independently verified!!

I have owned 4--5 Hoyt bows and currently use one but it will be the last bow I buy from Hoyt until they change their stance. Will be sending them a letter to that effect as well.

Will be sending them a letter to that effect as well.

This could be most effective. Simply send them a polite letter noting the issues with SFW/BGF with specific examples. Like my brother noted, on the surface there isn't much to disagree with and it takes a bit of work to determine the issues and even then it is complicated.

Sometimes pointing them in the right direction will cause them re-evaluate and possibly make a different decision.

I detest SFW/BGF and what they are trying to do to hunting in the west.

I am also planning to buy a new bow after this fall. One of the Hoyt models is on my top five list to try out. I guess that list just became a top four list.

I won't buy a product from a company that supports an organization that is trying to take away opportunity from the common hunter.

This could be most effective. Simply send them a polite letter noting the issues with SFW/BGF with specific examples. Like my brother noted, on the surface there isn't much to disagree with and it takes a bit of work to determine the issues and even then it is complicated.

Sometimes pointing them in the right direction will cause them re-evaluate and possibly make a different decision.

This is going to be my tack, as well. I currently shoot a Hoyt, have only ever shot a Hoyt and was looking into the possibility of purchasing another Hoyt. I have no problem amending all three of those statements if they want to support major entities that I oppose. Voting with your dollars works. When it doesn't change others' behaviors, at least you won't be a party to it.

I would like to believe the folks at Hoyt have made an honest mistake - that they were too busy handing out donations to accurately follow up on the idea that they were giving money to the fox so he could buy the hen house. Otherwise, they can shove the bowuppitytheirassity.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back