Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hows the weather?

smalls

The last couple of days have been brutal here. -20 at night with -50 to -65 windchills. Today I see it is a balmy 6 above the donut. I will be on the ice doing some fishing this weekend and it looks like I may have to grow some hair on my chest (among other places) before I head out.

It was so cold yesterday that if you took warm water outside and threw it up into the air it "flash" freezes and makes a clapping sound. Gotta love winter!

YoZaa, I hear ya man. The temps have been down right cold here as well. I hope to get out on the hard water as well this weekend.

Welcome aboard by the way.

Flatlands of ND,
confused.gif
. That doesn't narrow it down much does it.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-06-2004 11:08: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

Yep- my nipples have been pretty much poking through my shirt here, too. -36 last night.
I suppose it's not so bad up here, though- we're used to it.
Snag, a little to the south and west of us, has the distinction of the coldest temperature ever reported in North America at -83. Yikes.

We were +31 yesterday morning. Nothing compared to some of ya'll but damn cold for Phoenix. The water from my windshield squirter froze when it hit the windshield.

its been up to a high of -2 here today with 25 MPH winds for a terrible wind chill.
It sucks to be a deer in this weather!

It's been down to the 30s at night and not much over 55 during the day. I went quail hunting with a friend last weekend and I doubt if it got much over 40 at that elevation that day.

At my house, in the last few days, we have gotton a total of 10 inches of snow.
eek.gif
eek.gif
And right now it is snowing with big huge flakes and you can almost not see
eek.gif
eek.gif
But its well needed here to kill the bees.
Too bad I don't have a digital camera I could take pics and share them.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Quick Draw

Well it is a warm 19 degrees outside right now and it is starting to snow again.We got a couple inches this morning is all the main storm has been around by QD and her families house
frown.gif
Not much snow here unfortunately
frown.gif

Well we got rid of the snows and got some xhilly weather as a replacement. Not as bad as some of you guys, was -18 this morning and got up to 1 today. Going to get warmer thoug, the weather man says so.
wink.gif
Now that the snows have stopped, at least for now, I am shoveling off the roofs here at the condos. Lucky Me.
smile.gif

Were single digits which really isnt that bad but we are having gust upto 90mph in parts of the city, other areas around town has been around the 30-40mph or so. Tomorrow we are supposed to be zero with the same winds. They say that the windchill tonight is supposed to be around -45

Last night the wife told me that the heater died in her truck. Go figure, coldest day of the year so far and i'm riding to work without heat. Then my work truck broke down about 25miles north of anchorage (where the wind was really blowing good). Sat there for a couple of hours with no heat. Why cant this happen in the summer?
mad.gif

Man I feel sorry for you Bill. I told my dad when he got home that he should get up on the roof and clear off our sky light
tongue.gif
wink.gif
but he just looked at me and said "Yeah ok" But it almost 10 pm and the snow is still there...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Quick Draw

HEAT WAVE IN ND!!

Looks like a balmy 9 degrees right now. But the flag outside my window is whipping pretty good. Too bad season is over in ND, it would be a perfect day to stalk bedded whitetails (rat deer as some call them). Oh well, we will be driving all over the ice fishing now.

smalls

Currently (10:45) it is -6F.
frown.gif
Looks like we should be in the black starting tomorrow and through the weekend. Should work out well for drowning worms.

not as warm here as where smitty is. it has been warming up to around 50 in the day and down in the high 20s at night

Uhhhh, let me turn down the Air Conditioner. I couldn't here what you said.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

A cold front is moving our way tonight. Where did I put that long sleeve shirt I got a couple years ago??
cool.gif
cool.gif

Well with the freezing rain we got most of the night the power was off for most of the night and now all the smaller trees are snapping.We lost one large cedar tree by the house and a bunch of Alder trees.It has warmed up to 30 degrees and has been raining most of the day now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back