How old was your oldest bull?

danr55

I have one bull that was aged at about 7 or 8 and another that was aged at 5 to 6. Judging by the teeth of the last cow that I shot, she would have been about 9 or 10.

:cool:

I've benn told that my 6x6 was probably 11 or 12 years old. Shot a cow a few years ago that was probably 13 or 14, but was still very tender.

2 1/2 :0(

I dropped a 6x6 last year that had to be about 6 years old. I don't know for sure but I know he had a few more years in him. Man was he a fighter! Busted off 3 tips!

I took a smaller 5x5 with my bow this year. I am guessing he was only 3 years old. Awesome genetics in this unit.

Believe this, I went on the Donnelly, Idaho elk slay rides last year. Our guide said that the "Pusher" (380 inch bull) went from a spike to a 6x6 in one year. Is that believeable? I've had my doubts...

bulldown

I've only killed one bull and he was a raghorn. I would say he was probably 3 years old. He sure is good eating though!!
biggrin.gif

I don't know how old he was, but he was real old. Probably about as old as one can get in the wild. He had seven points, but it was obvious he was way past his peak and going downhill. He was so tough we couldn't even chew the ground meat! He was big, too. Out of over four hundred elk butchered at the local meat plant, he was the biggest. We didn't weigh him, but we got back 412 pounds of meat. I figure he weighed around 800 lbs. field dressed.

Raybow:

Sorry to say I've only killed 2 spike bulls
to date. After hunting the Quinault river
bed for 7 days, I'm praying real hard for a
AG permit for next year. Seeing and hearing
big bulls every morning and every afternoon
and not being able to cap off was almost too much for a guy to bear. You were right
about there being a few MONSTERS in there.
I seen one with my own eyes!
eek.gif

I know the three bulls I have shot in Mt. now were very young, even the 6X because the meat was very tender and the eye teeth didn't have any wear. But the cow I shot this last season in Wy. was very old, the meat is pretty tough and the eye teeth were worn to almost nothing....

two bulls, both were 1 1/2
wink.gif
two cows, probably 2 1/2-3 and one prabably 10. Very worn teeth.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back