How much Vacation do you guys have ?!?!

Motivation nothing.... Figure it out. 5 weeks vacation = 25 days. 10 holidays and 12 sick leave days. thats 47 days. there are 52 weeks in the year. 52x2 day weekends = 104 days off for that. 153 days a year. there is only 365 days a year so thats alot of time off.....

So with that much time off, How come i'm behind on everything ? How come I don't have time to do stuff ? Of course I don't have 5 weeks vacation (YET, I'm gonig to renegotiate with my boss tomorrow :D)

I liek the CJCJ and Jose 365 days off a year program. :D :D You guys have it made !!!

You're behind on everything because you live, eat and breathe this place...look how many damn posts you have!!! :D

I get 6 weeks a year plus hoildays which is another 7days and I can carry over 5 weeks to the following year " LIKE THAT WOULD HAPPEN". For got I have so much sick time now I could retire, guess that is why they want you feeling better real soon laff.

I get 6 hours paid leave and 4 hours sick leave every pay period, that amounts to 19.5 days of vacation days and 13 days of sick leave which I hardly ever use. I usually get 3 award days off every year too plus all the big holidays plus I also try and save a little vacation time for the upcoming year. I'm leaving tomorrow for an 8 day caribou float trip, come back to work for a week then go moose or sheep hunting for another week after that. The I have to take at least a week, maybe 2 in conjunction with holidays to spend with the wife. Once I hit 15 years i'll get 8 hours a pay period or 26 vacation days, but thats a ways down the road.

4 weeks vacation and 12 holidays that I can float to any day off I like. Life is good with mucho seniority! Of course most of the time is spent hunting. Yeah, life is grand!

As an employer of approx. 90, I know a good vacation package is key to getting good help and keeping them. Healthy productive employees need some time off to do their own thing and maintain their sanity.

Now Moosie your math isn't quite right with our operation, because a 40 hour week is a rarity. 50 to 60 hours is probably more like the norm. So in reality, everyone still gets more than a full year of work in.

Work hard & play hard ..... good rules tolive by.

I am my own boss so I don't get "paid" vacation. That being said I figure I take at least 6 weeks for family and hunting trips. Probably more but I combine work and play trips as much as possible.;)

I'm in the same position being self-employed. No paid vacation, but I can take off whenever I want. I just adjust my work schedule to make up for time off. I took about 8 weeks off in Jan-March of this year, but have worked about 41 40-hour weeks worth in the other 26 weeks so far this year. I plan to take off 3+ weeks in Sept., 1 week in Oct., 3 weeks in Nov. and one week in December. It means long hours in the summer, but it works for me....

Get no vacations here myself, however, the hubby gets approx. 2 hrs added to every 40 hr work week. most of that has to be taken during sick days off.
me-seems like i work 24/7 some times, even when im sleeping ;)

I accrue 18 hours a month of PTO (Paid Time Off; Vacation, sick time, etc) and have 8 flex holidays that can be taken on the holiday or if I work the holiday they can be taken at other times. Only 40 hours can be carried over every year, so you use it or lose it.

Not counting any time carried over (which I usually don't have any) it comes out to 7 weeks (5 day work weeks) of vacation and holidays.

Realistically the only incentive I have to stay where I'm at currently...

My employer is similar to AZ Ron's except that we can carry over any unused time into the next year. I accrue 15 hours a month for vacation, sick leave, time off, etc. but also get 11.5 hours for each of 8 recognized holidays. If I work a holiday, I can get .5 hours for each hour worked. I figure the schedule I am on now, I could have accrued over 300 hours of time off. That's just shy of 8 weeks off per year but seems like more since I'm mon-thurs - 4/10's. Not bad, but not the best.

I get 24 vacation days a year (2 days a month) and 12 sick days a year and one personal day,plus all of the holidays off. 4 days for thanksgiving and xmas eve and xmas day off plus an extra day for new years eve.

I get 160 hours of vacation time per year. Depending on how much I work another 120 or so of comp time. I also carry the maximum carry over of 240 hours of vacation. Right now I have about 350 hours of vacation. I have over 700 hours of sick leave...rarely use it. Have all federal holidays off as well.

One of these years when I draw a sheep permit, those vacation hours I carry over will be put to good use.

My normal work schedule is 8 days on 6 days off...so I get lots of time to goof-off.

I get 10 stinkin days a year plus holidays. This year when I needed 20 days, I just told them as such. The boss lady whined a little. No biggie. If she had said no, I would have re-phrased the statement to "My last day with this company will be"

I am not a big fan of my job.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back