How much Vacation do you guys have ?!?!

Moosie

Grand poopa
I'm always out of Vacation !!! HEll, between hunting and some Family trips, I'm taking Unpaid leave before the years up. WTF ? How many days/weeks do you have and what would be the most Ideal ? I'm thinking 5.5 weeks and 7 hollidays is about right.

Right now I've got just over 200 hours of vacation on the books, and around 750 hours of sick leave. When October is up, I'll be down on the vacation by a couple weeks.

I get 14 hours/month vacation and 8 hours/month sick leave.

Moosie, don't you work for yourself? Your vacation time should be unlimited.

I get 5.5 weeks but I dont get holidays off either and it works out well for me I would rather get the vacation time and use it when I want to.

I only get 2 weeks a year paid and 7 days sick, but my boss gives me long weekends (3day) and many days off with pay. It works out OK for me, decent pay and I can take time off without using vacation/sick and its still paid.

I s'pose I'm a bit spoilt, I only work 6 months of the year {4 0n 4 off} but other than that I get 5x12 day breaks off {60 days} plus unlimited sick leave, but I do have to live in fuggin Australia:BLEEP: to do it.

I get six weeks and I'm only in my second year. We also get the holidays the markets are closed.

4 weeks vacation, 1 week sick time. Have close to 300 hours vacation on the books right now.

Vacation Time? What kind of concept is this that you speak of? I had to send the Family on Vacation while I worked! In a perfect world 4 weeks would be nice. I take Vacations by the Hour, not the days. John

Dang, some of you guys get a lot of time off... Must work for the government to get that kind of sick leave. ;) What a great incentive to not go to work. LOL

I get 18 days vac/sick, and 8 holidays. I can work comp time however, so I can usually streatch those 18 days a long ways. I can take off for a 5 day weekend and use one vacation day for instance, and can usually squeeze a 2 week trip into 6-7 days vacation. I wish I had about 5-6 more days. I think that would be about right for me.

We don't get overtime so it's turned into comp time....that plus my regular vacation has me at about 6 weeks/year + holidays. May sound like alot but it's never enough and I had to become old just to get it....

I'm pretty lucky, as far as time off goes. 32 yrs. of service, I earn 15 hrs. annual leave and 9 hrs. sick leave monthly, plus 6 personal days yrly. and 12 holidays yrly.
I currently have almost 60 days of vacation and 150 sick days!!
Routinely, I take off the entire month of November and some of Oct. & Dec.
The pay sucks, but, I get to hunt alot!! :D

I get 4 weeks vacation/year and usually at least an additional 2 weeks credit hours. Ten holidays. Should be a good hunting season as I have 159 use or lose vacation hours to utilize before Jan 6. Plus I have another 240 hours banked if I really need them. I see there are still 6 holidays before the end of the year as well....nice

As for sick leave, I have never used more than 1 day a year and have about 970 hrs on the books.

Now that puts me in a good mood. I think I will cut out early today and sit on a waterhole.:D

Currently at 457 (DTO = discretionary time off -- this is anything from sick time to vacation time) paid hours. 5 weeks per year paid time is my accrual rate. About 8 paid holidays/year. Generous comp time...I'm sitting on about 2 - 3 weeks currently that I'll burn for hunting this fall. :D

I get 5 weeks leave per year. That includes vacation and sick leave. I rarely have time to take more than 2 weeks though; if I'm gone, not much can get done, so I don't get to take the 5 weeks per yr.........kinda sucks.

Oh, and I get 6 holidays.

Here is another question. Can you take them when you want them or do you have to put in an advance notice or seniority first system?

Wow I havent had any vacation time since 1992 when we started our own business. April and I was going to take our first vacation in jan of this year and go to hawaii with some friends for 10 days , HA that got cut short 2 weeks before we were suppose to leave.

the best job I had was for a pharmaceutical company, we works 4 days on 4 days off. the first year they give you 8 days vacation and 4 days sick.
year 3 they gave you 16 and 8 per year.
then when you worked over time they gave you vacation on that but doubled it.
since I worked pretty much every day I had lots. I would take off all of the augs deer hunt and all of december and still have vacation and sick time left
when you took 4 days vacation that gave you 12 days vacation in reality.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back