PEAX Equipment

How many tags/points?

Summitthunting

So how many tags are in you pocket for 2012 and how many points are you sitting on for all species/all states?

6 tags, 8 points for me.

5 antelope in Wyoming and 2 points

2 elk in Colorado with 4 points

1 antelope in Colorado with 0 points now

4 deer points too in Colorado

I've a few tags this year.

Arizona bull elk and desert sheep...and I still have 2 points for both elk and sheep even though I drew this year. I also have 12 antelope points there and 5 deer points.

Utah I have 13 points for deer and sheep...a handful of points for elk and bison.

Wyoming I have limited quota elk, deer, and antelope tags...all my first choice permits as well as an extra cow elk tag, additional buck antelope, and 2 antelope doe tags. I also have 13 points for sheep/moose.

Montana I have NR deer/elk permits in hand...max bonus points for sheep. I have 6-8 points for moose and goat...cant remember for sure as I had to wait a few years because I drew both moose and goat. I also have a half dozen or so special deer points, elk b tag, and one point for LQ elk (drew last year).

Nevada I have various points for sheep, deer, elk, and antelope.

Colorado I have 3+5 or 6 for sheep, 7 deer points.

Think thats about it.

I got into this game a little late...but this year I have:

- Colorado Archery Mule Deer tag
- New Mexico Archery Elk tag
- New Mexico Rifle Deer tag
- Kansas Whitetail tag

As far as points go:
- 2 points in Arizona for elk, deer, sheep
- 3 points in Colorado for deer, 2 points for elk and sheep
- 1 point for elk and sheep in Utah
- 2 points for RMB sheep and deer in Nevada, 1 for elk and DB sheep
- 2 points in Wyoming for Sheep, 1 point for elk, deer, and moose
- 1 point in Washington for sheep
- 1 point in Oregon for deer and elk
- 2 points in Montana for sheep, 1 point for deer and elk

I think that covers it. Better late than never!

Have elk and deer tag for Wy. this year
1 elk point Mt
4 points deer/antelope Wy
4 points in Maine,new Hampshire,Vermont for moose

What a downer, I just added up 212 bonus and preference points in the western states, not counting MT as the website is jacked tonight. I have max sheep and goat in MT maybe 3 moose and 3 deer and elk each just guessing.

I drew Jack Schmidt this year.

Here is my list.

Careful review indicated a Nevada deer tag. Planning on an OTC Colorado elk also. This list puts me at 174 total with a likely increase of 12 more after the Texas draw results.

ARIZONA ELK 7
ARIZONA ANTELOPE 5
ARIZONA DEER 8
ARIZONA SHEEP 8
COLORADO DEER 7
COLORADO ELK 5
NEVADA ANTELOPE 3
NEVADA ELK 4
NEVADA DEER 0
NEVADA CALI BIGHORN 1
NEVADA NELSON BIGHORN 1
NM DEER NA
NM ELK NA
NM ORYX NA
NM ANTELOPE NA
UTAH ELK 5
UTAH MOOSE 5
UTAH DEER 4
UTAH DESERT BIGHORN SHEEP 4
UTAH ROCKY MOUNT BHS 4
UTAH GENERAL DEER 1
UTAH ROCKY MOUNT GOAT 3
UTAH BISON 3
UTAH ANTELOPE 2
WYOMING ELK 1
WYOMING DEER 2
WYOMING ANTELOPE 3
WYOMING MOOSE 3

Drawing pending

TEXAS PRVT LAND EITHER SEX 6
TEXAS PRONGHORN BUCK 8
TEXAS PRVT LAND PRONGHORN 4
TEXAS WT DEER EITHER SEX 12
TEXAS WT DEER ANTERLESS/SPK 0
TEXAS MULE DEER 5
TEXAS WT DEER MGMT E.S. 6
TEXAS GUIDED GEMSBOK 6
TEXAS GUIDED BIGHORN SHEEP 6
TEXAS GUIDED SCIMITAR-HORNED 5
TEXAS EXOTIC 9
TEXAS FERAL HOG 1

I wish I was out west in the middle of all the point frenzy! Living in Ohio makes it tough (at least for me) to get out there more than one time a year. I to have got in the points game late, but 2013 will be a points submitting frenzy for me....need to bank points for future hunts!

tags:
1 - Colorado Elk 2012
3 - Ohio Whitetail (1 buck, 2 doe)
2 - Ohio fall Turkey

So glad my 'main' states haven't given in to points yet. Thank you Idaho and Wyoming!!
I don't mind points as a non-res so I can plan better, but I reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyyy hope Wyoming never goes to a resident point system for elk, deer, pronghorn. With 1 kiddo hunting and 3 coming on quick, it's pretty tough to try and explain to them why THEY WILL NEVER DRAW A SHEEP OR DECENT BULL MOOSE TAG IN WYOMING! :mad:

Here we go:
First choice Wyoming Bull Elk
First choice Wyoming Mule Deer
2nd Choice Wyoming Pronghorn

Idaho Limited Quota Bull Elk - I believe the best elk tag in the state!
Idaho Limited Quota Archery Mule Deer - found a smoker Yesterday. Opens Aug 15th!

9 Wyo Moose Points, 3 Wyo Sheep points, 9 Utah elk points, 3 Utah Deer, 3 Colorado Deer, 3 Kansas Deer (overkill - I think!), 3 AZ Elk and 2 AZ deer.

Even better than that is my 13 year old daughter's tags this year:
First choice Wyoming Bull Elk
First Choice Wyoming Mule Deer ( I consider it one of Wyoming's best!)
2nd Choice Wyoming Pronghorn

Sorry Proud Dad has to brag a little. She harvested 3 Wyo critters last season - All DIY.:D
Pics = Pronghorn with me and her 10 year-old sister. Whitetail with me. General season cow elk with her 10 year-old sister. All 4 of my girls on a general season cow elk tag with family friend (same evening as Kenz's harvest). Anyone tried to stalk elk with that kind of entourage?? SHEESH! We filmed her first 2 hunts, but I was wrangling kids and helping her with the rifle on the elk hunt and couldn't manage the camera.

She's convinced another hat trick is in the cards this year. We shall see!!

Attachments

• Kenz2-2011.jpg
    Kenz2-2011.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 349
  • Tom2011.jpg
    Tom2011.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 346
  • Kenz2011-02.jpg
    Kenz2011-02.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Kenz2011-04.jpg
    Kenz2011-04.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
How much money is wrapped up in gaining 200+ points?
I am sitting on 0 points in 0 states. I can barely afford all of the OTC big game hunting that is available in my home state.

Wolf, 2 elk tags, 7 deer, black bear and debating a leftover antelope. All in MT.

Have a smattering of points, but not really playing the game.

In pocket for MT- Wolf, bear and will have lion, either general or special permit. General deer, archery only whitetail buck, General elk, rifle breaks cow tag, 700 buck and doe antelope.

For points I have 46 in MT and 12 in Wyoming.

How much money is wrapped up in gaining 200+ points?

Money is the worst excuse to not try something.

If something is a priority there is a way to pay for it. Trust me, I go without lots of material things. I find a way to spend 100 plus days hunting, and still sustain a semi-normal life.

I'd LOVE to draw a sheep tag someday, but spending a day(15 minutes from my neighborhood)fishing and jump shooting ducks out of my canoe is a truly great day. I hate treestand hunting, but it allows me to sneak out after work to bowhunt whitetails a couple hours every night from mid-September through January.

It's all the same to me, putting food on the table.

Not tellin'. My wife occasionally is in charge of this operation and there are some things she doesn't need to know.

After buring 7 this year, I've got 103 between Co, Az, Ut, Wy and Calif.
Some I will probably never use, like 8 Utah Moose points, but ya never know, I could get lucky.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back